Cigar run? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cigar run?

GentlemanRacer

Given the new rules about smoking, I'm thinking of organizing a ride from town to somewhere we can sit and enjoy a havana in relative peace.

A native reserve would be good, since I understand it's legal to smoke one you buy there. A good cigar takes 45mins of being undisturbed. Thinking leaving town late morning and chilling for a bit at the destination, then riding back.

Interested, and if so, what's a good ride and destination?

Casa Del Humidor in Rama? They have a patio that you can smoke on after you spend too much money in their humidor. They have a coffee shop right there also. Was just up there on the weekend.

Pardon my ignorance (I don't smoke) but can't you light up a cigar anywhere outdoors? I didn't know there was laws in place preventing it.

Ill keep my eyes on this thread. Ill wait for the destination post - down for this.

Pardon my ignorance (I don't smoke) but can't you light up a cigar anywhere outdoors? I didn't know there was laws in place preventing it.

new rules and all

New rules

As of January 1, 2015, it is illegal to:

• smoke on and around children’s playgrounds and publicly owned sport fields and surfaces (e.g., areas for basketball, baseball, soccer or beach volleyball, ice rinks, tennis courts, splash pads and swimming pools that are owned by a municipality, the province or a postsecondary education institution)
  • smoke on all bar and restaurant patios, whether covered or not (with an exemption for uncovered patios established by the Royal Canadian Legion – Ontario Provincial Command before November 18, 2013)
  • sell tobacco on university and college campuses (this applies to buildings that are owned and areas that are leased by a postsecondary institution or student union)

and the rest is here

http://www.ontario.ca/health-and-wellness/smoke-free-ontario

Interesting... I was smoking a cigar out on a patio in front of a cigar shop in Mississauga just up the street from BB on Tuesday.

Jesus... good thing I quit recently otherwise I'd be up in arms over this.

How bout a blunt how would that fly on this ride? Don't think it would be noticed over the stench of all the cigars.

Last time I rode to Belfountain a friend and I enjoyed a couple of Cubans outside the Higher Ground Coffee Co, surely we can still smoke out there?

I'm around 45min away from Casa. If you riders plan a ride up, I'd come join for a HERF.

GOing to Cuba in August, if you fellow cigar smokers show enough interest, I will grab two boxes instead of 1, and will sell to fellow bikers at cost price (I.E I will only charge the single cigar price to break even, no mark up). Only if enough ppl say, Dunno what i'd do with 50 cigars :S

GOing to Cuba in August, if you fellow cigar smokers show enough interest, I will grab two boxes instead of 1, and will sell to fellow bikers at cost price (I.E I will only charge the single cigar price to break even, no mark up). Only if enough ppl say, Dunno what i'd do with 50 cigars :S

Make sure to try one of the freshly rolled cigars, they are fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom