Those riding late be careful | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Those riding late be careful

this one didn't miss us.....blowin' and windy...

Warning in effect. ....what a sucker punch - nada on the radar until a couple of hours ago.

Now nasty purple bits

Nothing is happening. Just rain. Normal, usual, rain. The weather idiots have never been more idiotic on their predictions as they have been this year.

Extreme weather warnings are done for a reason. Ignore them if you wish.

Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Southern Ontario
38 mins ago – Environment Canada
Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and torrential rain ...

Burlington-Flood.jpg

how short some people's memories are

2014-0804-FloodingEN11.jpg

wea_ont_storms_20130708_topix.jpg

That squall was heavy enough to pull off the road.....but of course you know better.

I'm sure this driver knew better too...

DixieDundas-flooding.jpg

after the fact.....

With extreme rain events now increasing in frequency....it's a good idea to pay attention to extreme weather warnings.

Last edited:
So there I was, sweltering heat in the typical Toronto traffic worrying about my bike overheating, sweat pouring off me when out of the distance there came a huge torrential downpour. I got soaked with warm rain, an incredible relief. Then the clouds parted and the heat came again. I soared onto the highway, bone dry again in 10 minutes. It felt great, but now I have to clean my bike. Still a great ride is worth it all.

Done carefully this^ can be a very pleasurable and even a zen experience. Operative word being "careful", doubly so if late.

Did not bother checking the weather when i headed out today.... Beautiful summer day... Sunny and partly cloudy... I assumed it would be a nice day like the one we had all week..... Rode all the way to Vaughn

On my way back the rain started and i was absolutely drenched in a couple of minutes.... Ride back was painful

Same. I can see the edges of it but the crap is hanging out above me
Rode to work for the past 4dys,not bad.
Nothing is happening. Just rain. Normal, usual, rain. The weather idiots have never been more idiotic on their predictions as they have been this year.
Be careful of these localized weather. It could be sunny & nice area but 2 kms away there could be a storm.

yikes! thats some spray!

The worst is when it'd coming from the fast lane on the other side of a guard rail on the slab.
Generally stay out of that lane for that reason.

The worst is when it'd coming from the fast lane on the other side of a guard rail on the slab.
Generally stay out of that lane for that reason.
Yep. I've been hit in the car with a strong wave. Would hate that on 2 wheels..

Back
Top Bottom