clip on wheel wegihts | GTAMotorcycle.com

clip on wheel wegihts

smergy

Site Supporter
As any track rider does, I go through a pile of wheel weights. While the cost is not a concern, cleaning the rim every time is annoying. The stick-on kind work find, but I prefer the center-of-the-rim clip on kind (with duct tape of course), that look (somewhat) like this. They are quick to remove/clip on. Anyone know where you can buy them?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Clips on would make more of a mess, damaging paint for example than using stick ons.

they are track rims, not concerned about that :)

Clips on would make more of a mess, damaging paint for example than using stick ons.

He's more concerned about having to clean the crud off his wheel to stick on new weights.
Not everyone rides a pristine ever polished poser sled like you.

Of course, I don't know where to find centre clip weights either.

Where do you guys get stick on?

ebay, you can get a decent sized case (a couple hundred) for about $40-$50 shipped if you search around

I'm sure any tire and wheel shop would probably sell you some depending how many you wanted

Your local Honda dealer:
WEIGHT (10G) 42704-KT7-000
WEIGHT (20G) 42705-KT7-000
WEIGHT (30G) 42706-KT7-000

thanks TK4! probably should have known that... didn't realize there was a sku for it

Part number intchg stat catg p/l dlr-net sug-rtl
42704-kt7-000 s g 1 $7.80
weight balance 1 /discontinued

I bought a package of 79 for 9 bucks from Canada's motorcycle. For stick on's

Last edited:
Part number intchg stat catg p/l dlr-net sug-rtl
42704-kt7-000 s g 1 $7.80
weight balance 1 /discontinued

Ouch !
I didn't think they'd be that kinda money, are you sure that isn't a bag of ten maybe ?

One weight down the middle of the wheel is not as accurate as 2 stick-ons, each as close to the edge as possible, on opposite sides. Also, if you don't clean the wheels then balancing doesn't make much sense.

I don't balance mine at all but I don't race either.

Why do dirty wheels have anything to do with balancing?

Not sure what you mean by accurate. I don't clean the wheels, only where a stick on weight needs to go. But you go through enough tires, it does eat up time. The clip on weights are just much faster to remove/add. At race track speeds, you want a balanced tire.

One weight down the middle of the wheel is not as accurate as 2 stick-ons, each as close to the edge as possible, on opposite sides. Also, if you don't clean the wheels then balancing doesn't make much sense.

I don't balance mine at all but I don't race either.

just my opinion but stick on weights can be cut into smaller pieces to add or reduce weight for more accurate balancing where as the clip ons you're stuck with what you've got.Sure, you can cut those too but if you take off too much they're trash.Small price to pay for a 30 second cleanup with contact cleaner.Seems to me you would have to have an infinate number of clip ons in all different sizes to cover all different situations.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom