Best chain lubes | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best chain lubes

Lube regularly with Dupont Chain Saver. About every 300km and/or following rain. Have never cleaned my chain, got 50,000km out of the original chain and sprocket set, so I reckon I'm doing okay.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

1212-crup-02-o_motul_chain-spray-and-paste.jpg

I was recommended by several different motorcycle mechanics to use the chain paste. I used to use the sprays (which can make a huge mess)

The paste with the brush is a godsend......... works fantastic. Sticks well & easy to apply. The 5.7oz tube lasts a surprisingly long time....
where did you get the paste from?

I really like Maxima chain wax. Apply it every 500-600KM after a ride on a warm chain. I have had no issues with fling. For a cleaner I use Motul and a grunge brush.

wow thats much cheaper than my $20 grunge brush....that i lost in my garage somewhere last week....

ordered...

wow thats much cheaper than my $20 grunge brush....that i lost in my garage somewhere last week....

ordered...

Holy crap yeah same here. I *facepalm* when I saw the price.

Damn, for under $3 you buy a few extras and give a few to good friends or keep yourself if you're clumsy. lol

FYI, you do not need a grunge brush (ever) if you use a dry chain lube like Dupont chain saver.

I have ridden on dry roads for 2 hours (unintentionally )and still did not need a grunge brush as the chain does not attract dirt ! Look at rear wheel covered in sand, note how much stuck to chain. expand picture to view

The rear wheel was completely coated in sand/dirt.

20140817_172004

This is what rear hub looks like clean, same product

IMG_0711.JPG

Last edited:
That's insanely clean.

Bought a bottle of Chain Saver. I'm still trying to get rid of the Liquid Wrench goo, it's caked on real good.

That's insanely clean.

Bought a bottle of Chain Saver. I'm still trying to get rid of the Liquid Wrench goo, it's caked on real good.

If you cannot read what is on your chain link you are using wrong product....That is why I do not use anything else anymore. chain wax, Motul ,all attract dirt. Any "lube" that is tacky will destroy chain in long run due to dirt particles grinding away the o -rings.

I am at 35000KM so far.

I can't believe I'm asking this, but how do you apply it to your chain? I also use dupont chain saver but my chain still gets dirty, like a lot. I usually lube every 500km or so

spray on chain with straw and wipe off chain links with rag including all excess lube (from side of chain on both sides) since the excess is not lubing the o ring.

The key is this product is cleaning and lubing at the same time so the chain must look clean afterwards

BB

I use Tirox chain cleaner with the spiral brush to clean.
Wipe off thoroughly with shop towels.
Then i use Dupont chain saver to lube and leave it on... usually overnight.

That's insanely clean.

Kerosene-based chain cleaners should take care of that.

And then you can do like i said in the previous post ^^^^

Dupont Teflon Chain Saver is the obvious choice.
available at Lowes Canada.

I haven't used chain wax but I've heard the dust gets stuck to wax and then you need more cleaning to get rid of dust particles compared to Chain Lube. (Kinda makes sense!!!)

I'm still trying to get rid of the Liquid Wrench goo, it's caked on real good.

I bought a can if Liquid Wrench chain lube once in an emergency, used it once and threw away the can. Worst chain lube in the world. The stuff comes out like motor oil, and never dries.

I buy a jug of Kerosene from Canadian tire and pour into an old spray bottle, works great for getting off any oily residues

Dupont Teflon Chain Saver is the obvious choice.
available at Lowes Canada.

I haven't used chain wax but I've heard the dust gets stuck to wax and then you need more cleaning to get rid of dust particles compared to Chain Lube. (Kinda makes sense!!!)

Dupont Chain Saver is wax...

Back
Top Bottom