Best chain lubes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best chain lubes

Ordering tomorrow. Thanks!
Best chain cleaning brush ever.

$(KGrHqYOKiQE4TeU7ZCcBOHfgjMFf!~~_35.JPG

I just bought a rollerstand. It looks like it will work, though I haven't actually sat down and finished the job yet. BTW, the guy who sold me the lube told me to go for a ride and warm up the chain before I put on the lube.

Same as: https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/hardline-rollastand.html

That looks perfect. Now just trying to find it a little less expensive. Not in the budget right now.
If anyone is looking for the sportbike version, found this, $25 >>
share Check out this web http://m.kijiji.ca/motorcycle-parts...1075148602&ck=CK&from=Search&ts=1432768325565

I find they don't last long though..

Really? What do you do with it? I've had mine since they first came out (6 or 7 years? I have no clue), still works fine

Really? What do you do with it? I've had mine since they first came out (6 or 7 years? I have no clue), still works fine
I find the bristles soften up after a few uses. Being I get them for nada from work I just replace them.

I find the bristles soften up after a few uses. Being I get them for nada from work I just replace them.

Maybe hook a brother up?

What cheap chains do y'all buy? There is a rather wide $ gap between the low-end and high-end chains.My sprockets are getting long in the tooth (get it?) and I'm considering a 520 conversion, but I have no idea what to buy.
i only buy steel sprockets and i stick with name brand, never buy cheap parts, you only save about 40 on the whole kit...not worth it IMO.currently running Driven and D.I.D, next summer ill go with AFAM and stick with the D.I.D chain.whole setup runs $150-200. AFAM sprockets are much cheaper in canada than driven, in the states its about the same.chain is $120, front sprocket $27 and rear AFAM is $45 ish...driven rear cost me about 80 by the time i got it across the border and the crap exchange rate, but i relay wanted a black rear sprocket this year. if you go with a EK chain from motomummy you can get it a bit cheaper.Canada motorcycle has vortex for fairly cheap but stick with heir steel ones, ive seen their aluminum get chewed to nothing.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'm at Canadian Tire cuz my salesman said they might sell the Motul but I can't find one....anyone have experience with Castrol? This is all I could find

It will work, but it makes a huge mess - even worse if it's applied to remnants of a stickier grease/wax.

I use the Motul chain lube and cleaner. Usually clean and relube after every 2-3 rides depending on km and terrain I've covered. Best to leave the Motul overnight though as I find it'll fling a lot unless it sits.

Ok, so I'm going to be honest here. I didn't realize you should clean the chain every time you lube it. I clean it pretty damn rarely. Well, guess I know what I'm doing before my next ride!

Cleaning is a waste of time in my opinion I just lube it when it looks dry.

sent from a device using a program

I'm lucky to clean mine once a year.

Cleaning is a waste of time in my opinion I just lube it when it looks dry.

sent from a device using a program
u serious???
Cleaning will prevent further wearing of your chain. Why lube up the dirt?
this.... dirt gets in, if you dont clean it out yer going to wear out the chain. its like sandpaper.

im starting to understand why i walked away from about 20 used bikes a few years ago, and scared to ask how often some of you change your oil or check chain adjustments, air filter....basic stuff..

Back
Top Bottom