Best chain lubes | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best chain lubes

Are you sure of that?
It's a dry lube, probably molybdenum mixed with carbon. A little bit of volatile hydrocarbons to dispense the product

Positive

big_DuP_CSL_14oz_1412_BS_ACT_RGB.jpg

Maxima chain wax. I have white wheels and it doesn't leave any mess.

I used to use this on one of my older bikes. Seems fine. I still use it on my Mtn Bike though and DuPont on the Motorcycle

Oh and something VERY OBVIOUS... but for N00BS pretty important for newer wrenchers, be very careful of where you direct your spray (try front sprocket rather that rear)

I made the mistake of doing it at the rear a few times and last time, there was (unbeknownst to me) overspray that TOUCHED the rear brake disc. So i ended up with half my rear braking power (and i know its suggested to use mainly the front brake ...but i use both!)

It's nothing that brake cleaner or degreaser cant take care of but...ya know... it might cause an accident ;)

Oh and something VERY OBVIOUS... but for N00BS pretty important for newer wrenchers, be very careful of where you direct your spray (try front sprocket rather that rear)

I made the mistake of doing it at the rear a few times and last time, there was (unbeknownst to me) overspray that TOUCHED the rear brake disc. So i ended up with half my rear braking power (and i know its suggested to use mainly the front brake ...but i use both!)

It's nothing that brake cleaner or degreaser cant take care of but...ya know... it might cause an accident ;)

some bikes front sprocket is covered.
i use cardboard to block it from getting on anything else.

Been using thick and clingy gear oil 85W140 since bike was new, it now has 61,000 km with no sign of quitting. Still on my first litre for total cost of $3.

WD-40... trololololol
i have use WD40 to clean the chain.... worked good enough since i had nothing else on hand at my cottage and my bike went through 4 days of rain. "bran new" D.I.D chain (6000km on it this season) had a little surface rust... i brought lube and a grunge brush on the trip but not kerosene. cleaned her up with WD40 scrubbed it and then put on Motul lube.

Back
Top Bottom