Alberta not a place for super sports or bikes at all really!!!!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alberta not a place for super sports or bikes at all really!!!!!!

Fizzer

Hey all,

Just thought since I used to be one here when in Ontario, now live in Alberta. Just wondering if its just me or are Calgary Police Service really out to get any sort of Super Sport OR Rider? Check out this link this really happened you think cops are ***** in Ontario.!!! Guess again the bike no matter what happened is usually deemed to be at fault. This link will prove to be the first example I can give at this there have been more.... Check out the link below, please feel free to post the **** outta this!!!

Link to the actual article that is posted on the In the Newspaper...

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...denny-morrison-charged-after-motorcycle-crash

The above just pisses me off!! And I heard the charge but never thought a justice of the peace or judge would let it stand!!!!

Last edited:
If the facts of the case are as stated then perhaps the correct person got charged.

Just because there is a motorcycle-versus-car collision doesn't automatically mean that the car driver is automatically at fault, nor does it mean that the motorcyclist is automatically at fault ...

Several witnesses not in the article said traffic was way to congested to be going to fast. Eitherway the car turned left! In this province (ive been through this in a car) the person turning left is always at fault unless that car specifically get s a red light ticket. Meaning the person going straight. No red light ticket even racing a yellow means the person going left still at fault. Thoght thered be more support in this back in day when i rode in ontario the rider wiuld get more support. The car flipped toward he bike if uou look the sode down is the side that got hit so the car flipped toward the bike. Which witnesses also said the driver countersteered to cause the rollover.

Several witnesses not in the article said traffic was way to congested to be going to fast. Eitherway the car turned left! In this province (ive been through this in a car) the person turning left is always at fault unless that car specifically get s a red light ticket. Meaning the person going straight. No red light ticket even racing a yellow means the person going left still at fault. Thoght thered be more support in this back in day when i rode in ontario the rider wiuld get more support. The car flipped toward he bike if uou look the sode down is the side that got hit so the car flipped toward the bike. Which witnesses also said the driver countersteered to cause the rollover.

Support isn't blindly given based on feelings or 4th hand information. Someone told someone that knows somebody you know isn't exactly evidence. I know back in the day I raced during rush hour so don't say traffic is too congested for a sportbike. The thing is, you could be right but only the cops doing the investigation will ever know.

If the bike was traveling at, or slightly above, the speed limit, I don't see how it could flip a car on its side.

Also, there is NO possibility that you could roll that particular car over on flat pavement no matter what you do with the steering wheel. An impact could do it, or if the car slid sideways into a curb ... but that car has ABS and ESP and will not slide sideways unless it was hit first.

My gf was the person turning left in an accident once. Light was solid red, guy ran it, wrote off her car, she got the ticket.

No idea how that car tipped over from a bike.

I don't think the bike did cause the car to tip, not from impact at least. I think the collision caused the car to change direction (either momentum or its driver veering/losing control) and strike something else, possibly a curb or sign, causing it to roll onto its side.

In looking at the pic:

colleen-de-neve-calgary-herald-calgary-ab-may-7-2015.jpg

it looks like the curtain airbags on the passenger side of the Corolla went off (makes sense for a left-turn collision) but the car itself doesn't look to have sustained massive, crumpling, deforming damage on that side (though, admittedly, we don't see the side full-on).

I don't think the physics support the idea of the impact imparting enough force to flip a car without doing significantly more damage. I feel like the Cgs of both vehicles are too low and close together for there to be a sufficient moment to be created unless Morrison was going 150MPH. Then I'd expect to see something more like this:

motorcycle-vw-4.jpg

My gf was the person turning left in an accident once. Light was solid red, guy ran it, wrote off her car, she got the ticket.

No idea how that car tipped over from a bike.

Because the law states that you cannot advance into the intersection to turn left unless you can complete the turn. No one does this, but that's the law.

Last edited:
I'm guessing half the car drove over the bike like a ramp, and helped it flip. But who knows.

I'm guessing half the car drove over the bike like a ramp, and helped it flip. But who knows.

Looks like impact was on the right rear passenger side given the way the rear door and rear quarter appears buckled. Cop in video - "my initial assessment would be a charge of damgerous driving or excessive speed".

[video]http://globalnews.ca/video/embed/1989098/[/video]

I still dont see how entering the intersection during a yellow light is a violation. But any traffic lawyer can throw it out.

If any it should be the left turners for proceeding without clear of way

Because if you're capable of stopping the vehicle safely, that is the exact definition of "a violation." My guess is the R1 could have stopped. Also I'm pretty sure lawyers don't throw anything out.

We all know of course the cage was at fault, it was on the road and therefore automatically at fault...lol

OP support is given when it is based upon the evidence not just because a bike was involved. If you need proof of this look for the threads here involving the bikers in NY that pulled and beat the man in his SUV, also look at the thread at the beginning of last season. Two bikes were in heavy traffic racing around cars on Yonge street one got clipped by a left turned, (who couldn't have seen nor anticipated the bikes presence). The bike the crashed into the sidewalk serious injuring an eldery female pedestrian. The members here looked at both incidents and once most of the facts came out the members didn't not blindly support the riders.

The carmay very well have had time to complete the turn, (the bike hit the rear door/quarter panel), had the rider not hit the throttle rather than the brake. Perhaps that is why the charge is justified.

LMAO dude, are you really arguing for the SS rider - were you there? Did you witness anything?
Although charged, he's getting a $155 fine. That's laughable by Toronto standard. Plus, what are the insurance costs in AB anyway? $300 bucks on a litre bike for the year?

StopWhining.jpeg

Because if you're capable of stopping the vehicle safely, that is the exact definition of "a violation." My guess is the R1 could have stopped. Also I'm pretty sure lawyers don't throw anything out.

Without a witness from a cop, this would never stick at trial.

The left turner doesnt have right of way at yellow light, they must yield no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom