question regarding insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

question regarding insurance

Hello all. I looked all over the website and couldn't find information regarding this type of question.

so on my auto insurance i have an at fault accident and one speeding ticket, unfortunately i ended up crashing my bike and the damage is quite substantial. There looks like damage on the front forks, front of the bike fairings snapped (windshield area) left and right fairings, clutch side peg ripped off, damage on rear fairing, lots of scuffs everywhere else luckily i dont really have any damage. Anyways my question is;

I am going to have to end up making a claim and i bet i am going to get cancelled either this year or next due to my driving record. Will this this effect my driving record? Are motorcycle and car claims under the same umbrella? Thank you guys.

Dont make a claim it will cost you more than your bike is worth over the long run. Sell the bike as is and suck up the loss. If you get cancelled you will only be eligible for facility on you car and bike. Making a claim could easily cost you tens of thousands of dollars over the long run.

So motorcycle claims will show up on your auto policy even if they're separate companies?
It just sucks cause its a 2014 bike

Last edited:
Yes you only have one record, why not take the bike to frekey guy on here, or someone else and get the bike made rideable, then you can fix it up over time.

Thank you very much for the advice. I think that's what i am going to have to do. is putting your bike under fire & theft an option? Would it peak curiosity out of the insurance companies?

No. Its not my first bike, lol. Yeah, thanks for answering my question guys. Im going to go the fix it slowly route And avoid insurance.

Can you put a bike under fire and theft mid policy ?

No. Its not my first bike, lol. Yeah, thanks for answering my question guys. Im going to go the fix it slowly route And avoid insurance.

Can you put a bike under fire and theft mid policy ?

I'm gonna go ahead and make an assumption that it being a 2014, that you owe money on it? Iirc, if it is insured, it is full coverage. And quite possibly because you owe money, it has to be insured.

TD doesn't count car accidents against bike insurance

Back
Top Bottom