First time car/bike buyer... not sure if this is legit or not | GTAMotorcycle.com

First time car/bike buyer... not sure if this is legit or not

hua96

So the bike in question is a 2008 black Kawasaki Ninja 250 with about 5000km. Some friends told me I should also get the seller to include a signed letter confirming the sale of the bike from the buyer to me..

Summary of the buyers reply
- he is out of the country and left the bike to his brother
- his brother is moving to NY and has to sell the bike
- he's having a private truck driver handle the sale
- the truck driver will bring the bike as well as the MTO Ownership, UVIP, and bill of sale
- I can then test the bike and verify papers before paying.

I'm just a little sketched out that he's entrusting a private truck driver to handle the sale. Anyway, heres what he replied after I told him I was interested in his ad.

Hello,

I got ur reply to my Kawasaki Ninja 250 ad listed on the AutoTrader and i confirm that the bike is still for sale for $2000..
The bike is a 2008 year model with only 4800 km,250 cc displacement.
This bike looks and runs like new!It's in mint condition.The bike is very comfortable to drive..

I'm getting rid of my bike cuz i no longer use it since i went abroad for archaeological research where i'll be living for 2 long years and i left the bike to my brother who was keeping it since a few months but he called me a few days ago saying that he's moving to New york and he can't any longer keep my bike.
I don't have anyone else around who will be keeping it for me for all those long years so i decided to sell it quickly at a low price to get rid of it.
I intrusted the bike to a private truck driver in Ontario who's taking care of the sale and of the delivery as well.

Im very happy that u find interest in my bike and i assure u that the bike is in very great shape,nothing wrong with it at all.

So i've talked to the truck driver that i found someone who's buying it and he's requesting ur details and house address so that he will transport the bike and all its paperworks(MTO ownership,Uvip,Bill of sale) to ur door with no cost at u and once the bike is at ur home you will test drive it,check the papers with the ministry of transportation and if u find everything ok then u will take the bike and settle the payment of the $2000 cash on the spot to become the new owner of my wonderful bike.

So get back to me with ur following details and address and i'll forward them to the delivery guy and he will get in touch with u to set up a time for the delivery and the bike will be brought to u asap:

Full name:............../City:................./Post code:................./House address:................./Phone #:..................

I'll be waiting to hear from u asap...

Last edited:
Umm, no. It's a total scam. Everyone has gotten one of these off kijiji. Run away, find another bike that you can go look at physically.

But I think he's saying hes gonna bring the bike to my house and let me check it out and the documents before I pay him?

Dude seriously? I don't know what the scam is, but just walk away. Archeological research for 2 long years lol

Last edited:
Totally legit. Give him cash. Don't ask for a receipt. Show him where you will be storing it. It's okay that he lost the 2nd key....oh yeah, also Google archeological research scam.
If you still go through with it, I have a mint condition air-guitar for sale. Only $100. Cash only. I have entrusted a truck driver to deliver it and take payment.

I've heard that one way this particular scam works is that they'll call you on the delivery day saying the truck driver needs money for delivery...

If you have a photo of the bike, do a google reverse image search and you'll find the original source that the scammer took it from...

While shopping for bikes, I have gotten the exact same email word for word three times. Flstc is right, you agree to the guys terms, he sets a "delivery date" with you. Two days prior to delivery, seller emails and tells you the "private trucker" requires payment of $800 for his services before he delivers. Seller asks "can you e transfer him the money, take it of the puchase price". If you're drunk, you agree and send the funds to the "trucker" and voila, they've got your money and no bike ever shows.
For fun, I played one of these out until the part where I actually gave up any cash, I was curious as to how the scam worked.
Trust me, it's a scam. Purchase somewhat locally, find someone experienced to help check the bike out.

haha damn alright thanks guys. The whole story did sound pretty far fetched. I definitely would not have agreed to pay the delivery guy money to bring it here, especially since the guy said it would be no charge. Gonna look elsewhere

Archaeological research for two years and he can't spell? lol

no charge to pay a private trucker to bring the bike to you to CHECK OUT?

Please tell me you weren't born yesterday.

I'm almost surprised he didn't say he was called away on an emergency from Doctors Without Borders

Back
Top Bottom