sportbike that has the best riding ergonomics? should I go naked? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

sportbike that has the best riding ergonomics? should I go naked?

I'm the same height and weight as the OP and on a CBR650F. Excellent ergonomics -- have been on numerous 2+ hour rides and never feel a thing during the ride nor after I'm off of it.

I'm the same height and weight as the OP and on a CBR650F. Excellent ergonomics -- have been on numerous 2+ hour rides and never feel a thing during the ride nor after I'm off of it.

Same bike but 5'8", 170lbs, and cursed with a 29" inseam. It must be nice to flat foot... :p lol

Also not to knock the CBR500R, but if you are looking for a second bike the CBR650F is likely the better choice. Yes the CBR500R is 500-ish cc, but it's heavy and only makes marginally more power than a much lighter Ninja 300R. I test rode one and it was a good bike, but I didn't see a huge difference (besides weight) to the CBR250RA I had at the time. The CBR650F on the other hand feels more like a slower CBR600RRA with better ergonomics.

Definitely test ride all you can though...only way to find out which bike is really for you.

Last edited:
I'm really feeling this streetfighter 848 so far for pretty much all the reasons u mentioned.. Just need to change out the seat.

the s1000r is another epic super naked, saw one all done up in Creemore today it looks amazing

I'm really considering the triumph street triple r. This bike seems to be getting excellent reviews, looks sexy and is about $5000 cheaper than the ducati SF848. First mod would be a headlight swap, the stock headlight is brutacious. I live In Burlington and I am going to see if sturges cycle can do under $10,000 like the poster on page 1 said they would do for him.

How are Triumph bikes? You don't see them around too often. They reliable like the Jap bikes? How's the maintenance on 'em? I hope it's not like Ducati maintenance.

I'm really considering the triumph street triple r. This bike seems to be getting excellent reviews, looks sexy and is about $5000 cheaper than the ducati SF848. First mod would be a headlight swap, the stock headlight is brutacious. I live In Burlington and I am going to see if sturges cycle can do under $10,000 like the poster on page 1 said they would do for him.

How are Triumph bikes? You don't see them around too often. They reliable like the Jap bikes? How's the maintenance on 'em? I hope it's not like Ducati maintenance.
I have a 2009 St3R, it's everything you describe. Only put a few thousand km on her so far, but no problems.

If you want SS (some people don't even consider it SS), get CBR600 F4i - I had '06 and it was the most comfortable of all SS to me - installed Corbin seat on it eventually.

Otherwise, SS-looking, VFR800 is very comfortable.

I just picked up an FZ-07 and it's comfortable and has enough power to keep me entertained for a while. Great bike, though a tourer it is not. For your commute you'd want a tall windscreen.

with the naked bikes, lets say a Street triple r, at what speeds does the wind become a intolerable? Would it be comfortable at 120 km/h?

with the naked bikes, lets say a Street triple r, at what speeds does the wind become a intolerable? Would it be comfortable at 120 km/h?

That's a personal thing. I've got a buddy on a z1000 naked, he finds no issue at 200km/h (or so he says). I commute roughly 100km one way daily, I love my Mra vario screen and 1/4 fairing. I will say this, I find there to be more air rushing by on a naked, but it's cleaner less turbulent air. I'd think 120km/h is about max for me on a longer highway run with no fairing/windscreen.

Yeah I've heard pretty consistently that once you get over 120 it starts to become a nuisance on a naked, and that's my experience too. But like Iceman said, the air is much less turbulent at all speeds so you're not being buffeted around. I actually find it a lot nicer, especially since I don't go over 120 much anyways.

a good quality helmet makes a huge difference on a naked ..

If your commute is 86km one way and a good chunk/all is highway I'd highly recommend you think about something with a more upright position and a lot of decent wind protection. Adjustable windscreen, etc.. I wouldn't suggest any SS bike for commuting duties, but some do it. That's my recommendation, but do what you will.

Depends how good those fly screens are, but for me, above 150 starts to strain my neck, but it's tolerable. At 120 it's nothing

Back
Top Bottom