sportbike that has the best riding ergonomics? should I go naked? | GTAMotorcycle.com

sportbike that has the best riding ergonomics? should I go naked?

family-man

Hello all,

I'm looking into purchasing a sportbike. which sportbike isn't that hard on the back? Im 29, 5'10" 180lbs and I don't want to kill my back. I will be commuting 86km one way to work on nice days. it seems that the R6 has aggressive riding ergonomics, true? Im looking mainly at gsx-r 600, zx-6r, r6, and 600RR.

whats your take on the new Suzuki gsx-s and Yamaha fz-07? Yamaha seems to be the better between the two.

I had 4 previous sportbikes from age 20-25, (07 gsx-r750, 04 cbr600rr, 04 1000rr and 03 fzi) but to be honest I didn't pay attention to the ergonomics back then

Personally, I'd be looking at the nakeds. Many of them not only have better ergos, but also retune the engine for better mid-low range response, perfect for street riding.

Nakeds are good but people will know you're not serious about riding. If you know what I mean. At the very least make sure you get ABS. This lets you dive bomb corners.

Z1000 and call it a day. Commute. Ergos, power, tour,

Just make some minor upgrades to make it fit for you to do what you like.

Ninja 1000, or fj-09. Not really "sport" bike. But the same engine and hooliganism as the fz-09 in a more comfortable package.

Nakeds are good but people will know you're not serious about riding. If you know what I mean. At the very least make sure you get ABS. This lets you dive bomb corners.

I can never tell if you're joking or not lol usually you are. I think the opposite tho, guys on supernakeds are usually mental and faster than most dudes on sport bikes. The rest are usually older, still fast and need a bike that handles but don't like to do stupid speeds

Supersport bikes and comfortable long distance riding position don't belong in the same sentence (unless 'do hot have' is between them). It only look me 1-2 test rides on one to decide it wasn't the right fit for me and the riding I like to do.

Now if you are sold on a SS bike, then for most the CBR600RR and GSX-R typically are the most upright of the group, but still a far cry from naked bikes, or sports tourers like my CBR650F, the VFR, Ninja 1000, etc.

Nakeds are good but people will know you're not serious about riding.

True...I've been told lots who frequent L&L each week judge first and ask questions later. Might want to extend the swingarm too just to be safe. lol

Nakeds are awesome. 8 years and I'm still in love with my Tuono.

At the high end of the spectrum are the Tuono 1100 and the KTM 1290 (S1000R too if you like i4 blandness), at the low end is the FZ-07, GSX 750, etc.. Depending on what puts wind in your sails, there is a wide spectrum of great bikes available. You mention that you wanted something on the 600cc scale - personally I think the best of the mid-sized displacement bikes is the Triumph Street Triple (better yet, the R).

Someone mentioned z1000.
If u decide to go with that bike pm me I will let u test ride mine.
I have a 2014 z1000 with abs.
Cant say a bad thing about it.

Someone mentioned z1000.
If u decide to go with that bike pm me I will let u test ride mine.
I have a 2014 z1000 with abs.
Cant say a bad thing about it.

Can I test ride it? My seizures are now mostly under control and I'm pretty sure I can quit drinking for that day and the legally blind thing from my optician can't be true..... ;)

PS. Your offer is very kind but you might want to not post it up in the forums as an open invite!

cbr500r....
https://rideapart.com/articles/rideapart-review-2013-honda-cbr500r-abs

comfy ergos.....check
great commuter...check
cheap to buy and insure...check
fun to ride.....check
attracts attention from the ladies and looks of envy from yer riding buddies...nope

of the bikes mentioned in the original post, i believe the gixxer has the least aggresive ergos...you can
also adjust the footpeg height by plus or minus an inch or two on later models.

2013%2F07%2Fphoto2.jpg

Last edited:
cbr500r....
comfy.....check
great commuter...check
fun to ride.....check
attracts attention from the ladies and looks of envy from yer riding buddies...nope

2013%2F07%2Fphoto2.jpg

Lmao! That describes my versys 650 to a T. But, I'm 42 and married 20 years. Don't care what the ladies or other riders think of my bike. I love the damn thing, most fun bike I've owned. :D

cbr500r....
https://rideapart.com/articles/rideapart-review-2013-honda-cbr500r-abs

comfy ergos.....check
great commuter...check
fun to ride.....check (much more fun on the street than a 600ss imho)

of the bikes mentioned in the original post, i believe the gixxer has the least aggresive ergos...you can
also adjust the footpeg height by plus or minus an inch or two on later models.

2013%2F07%2Fphoto2.jpg
Bland? Check

Can I test ride it? My seizures are now mostly under control and I'm pretty sure I can quit drinking for that day and the legally blind thing from my optician can't be true..... ;)

PS. Your offer is very kind but you might want to not post it up in the forums as an open invite!

Sure u can test ride it. Just make sure u drive a car to me that is on your name and worth a few G.

If your looking for a 600, and want to be comfortable, then you cant beat the street triple. Sturges quoted me just under 10k for a R model this past winter. You can be a hooligan if you want to when your not riding to work

Hello all,

I'm looking into purchasing a sportbike. which sportbike isn't that hard on the back? Im 29, 5'10" 180lbs and I don't want to kill my back. I will be commuting 86km one way to work on nice days. it seems that the R6 has aggressive riding ergonomics, true? Im looking mainly at gsx-r 600, zx-6r, r6, and 600RR.

whats your take on the new Suzuki gsx-s and Yamaha fz-07? Yamaha seems to be the better between the two.

I had 4 previous sportbikes from age 20-25, (07 gsx-r750, 04 cbr600rr, 04 1000rr and 03 fzi) but to be honest I didn't pay attention to the ergonomics back then

I am 5'11", 190lbs and 50 years old. I have a 2013 GSXR600 and commute 90kms one way to work. The bike is very comfortable and probably the most comfortable SS 600cc bike out there. You will always have the option of raising the bars and lowering the foot pegs if you see fit. SS usually have better brakes, suspension compared to a naked, also have you ridden without a full fairing?

I am 5'11", 190lbs and 50 years old. I have a 2013 GSXR600 and commute 90kms one way to work. The bike is very comfortable and probably the most comfortable SS 600cc bike out there. You will always have the option of raising the bars and lowering the foot pegs if you see fit. SS usually have better brakes, suspension compared to a naked, also have you ridden without a full fairing?

SS if you want respect in this forum....

Back
Top Bottom