Tire advice | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire advice

Oh man. I ate up two sets of tires in one RACE weekend.

You mean two rears and 1 front? that's pretty standard with 2 races in one weekend
Oh man. I ate up two sets of tires in one RACE weekend.

A friend of mine just did an endurance race on 13 year old street tires, what's the problem here? haha... ;)

I should start selling my knee sliders. "Used for two seasons, still like new" lol.

If you don't want to use warmers pick a hypersport street tire and have fun. Everything else needs warmers or you'll just destroy them.

You mean two rears and 1 front? that's pretty standard with 2 races in one weekend

Unless he's on dunlops, my fronts last me over 300 laps

This used to be my signature, but Chad didn't like it.

Unless he's on dunlops, my fronts last me over 300 laps

I can't bring myself to do that, I know they'll last but it's just not right. I have a stack of front takeoffs with 140 laps or less on them. I keep saying I'll use them but I doubt that'll ever happen.

I just put down my fastest laps and best racing I've ever done on a front tire with 300 plus laps from last year, mind you the front wheel isn't on there ground much lol

I just put down my fastest laps and best racing I've ever done on a front tire with 300 plus laps from last year, mind you the front wheel isn't on there ground much lol

+1 i gotta learn how to do that

I got 3 years out of a set of knee pucks on my Arlen Ness suit. I must be a wimpy rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nahhh i doubt it.. its just i was over doing it in order to take turns faster....

Unless you're leaned over so far that your bike is pushing your knee into the ground then your just grinding knee picks for nothing.

Unless you're leaned over so far that your bike is pushing your knee into the ground then your just grinding knee picks for nothing.

Uhhhh, what about all the people in the Timmies parking lot, bro? Are they nothing?? :D

Yep, that's what I actually mean. The front is sure not fresh now... but I'll probably use it at the track day tomorrow. Mostly on the 1000, though.

Shaman Your on Pirelli ?

Yes I decided to give them a try on a group buy-in. The new Pirelli is a far cry from the old understeering POS that I left three years ago, and they work very well on a bumpy track like Shannonville. I think I will stick with Dunlop at Calabogie if I'm not already on the Iti tires.

I got 3 years out of a set of knee pucks on my Arlen Ness suit. I must be a wimpy rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the original pucks on my suit that I bought new in 2012. Prob 5/8 left

Thanks guys made up my mind.. my next tire is gonna be the Michelin Super Sport Evo. will give the q3's a try after that.. I've always leaned towards michelin in the past.. might as well give them a try first.

I can't bring myself to do that, I know they'll last but it's just not right. I have a stack of front takeoffs with 140 laps or less on them. I keep saying I'll use them but I doubt that'll ever happen.

It's all in your head, if I wrote on the tire with a chock 40 laps? You would ride the **** out of it with no worries, the way you tell when a front Dunlop is ready for a change is when it no longer steers , but it will still grip fine

Back
Top Bottom