Visors, shields etc...Gold tint is a winner for me. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Visors, shields etc...Gold tint is a winner for me.

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Bought this totally on a whim as I needed a spare clear.

images
images

and far and away the nicest tint I've been behind. Colours appear neutral and sharp but the glare is way down.
If I need more I can flip down the internal sunshade as well.

The gold visor is darker than the internal sun visor but not a lot and on a super bright sunny day like today ....just a total treat.

Helmet AFX-55 is now set up this way.

mA5MwkK6xG2YQC1a3mfQ8oQ.jpg

and on the Wee the motocross visor does not lift at all. The Madstad screen really does a nice job keeping a calm air zone.

The gold looks pretty space agey...someone else's set up

t3Ww4VD.jpg

But works the charm.....bought on a lark ...gonna go with me out west for sure - tucks in with the spare clear.
AFX visor is an easy switch out so can adapt for a rainy day or night riding ( not bloody likely on Vancouver island )

i upgraded from the exact same icon helmet with the same gold/chrome visor to a shoei with a dark tint visor
long story short, my gold visor i found very reflecty while down, like if the sun hit the visor, id see my face's reflection on the shield, and that bothered me due to the fact that i could see my face and not the road :mad:
and wait till you get a few stone chips on the visor, they will become such an eye sore :S

thats my input on the gold/chrome visor

I used to buy lots of tinted visors for my helmets but got tired of a couple of things:

1. Scratches...they always scratch really easily
2. Changing the tinted visor at dusk for a clear. I really don't like having to stop if I don't have to/want to.

I love the drop down darkened visors now in my Shark Evolines. Dark enough in the new versions that I don't need sunglasses and when dusk comes up it goes for the clear shield. I really liked the gold tinted shield in my RSR2 though when I used that.

I like the built in sun visor on the AFX-55....works well but not dark enough at times.
The AFX is really easy to switch but yeah ya gotta stop.

I carry clear safety glasses I can ride with after dark without a visor.
For a long while I could not be bothered with visors at all. Just used sunglasses and clear glasses.

Today was the most comfortable I've been in really bright sunlight. Combination of the motocross peak and the gold visor was really nice.

I almost bought the gold tint for my shoei, but it was $150 vs $60 for the smoke. I love the look of the gold though!! Maybe next year.

Do they have Amber coloured visors? My old-man-over-glasses-sunglasses are amber and are fantastic in all light conditions and night driving as well.

Geez - $150 for the Shoei!!!- the AFX shield was $32 US - I've found AFX pretty good value and great features for me ....love the "no D-ring" chin strap and the ability to change configurations.

There are 7 in total -review is here. The whole helmet only cost $150 US
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/afx-fx-55-review/

Last edited:
Thanks MacDoc

np - Revzilla are great to deal with...but these day - shop local if you can.

visor tilt looks funny on this - have to loosen thevery nifty visor tighen system and tip it down a bit.

Do they have Amber coloured visors? My old-man-over-glasses-sunglasses are amber and are fantastic in all light conditions and night driving as well.

Iam with you JB, that's not Justin Bieber, its Joe Bass, Lol, I used to have amber shades and man did I love them, everything was so vivid, even great for golf, if I could find one for my lid that wasn't all yellow as the one Macdoc posted I would jump all over it.

Oh ya I know, sorry I worded that wrong, I just bought my new helmet last week so I haven't even looked yet.

Back
Top Bottom