Newly Licenced! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Newly Licenced!

tigermat

Hey all, first time posting on here!

I'm looking at getting a 2008 Honda cbr125r just to use as a beginner bike to learn. I don't plan on moving up for a while. I've got some quotes on insurance and they've all been in the $4000 range, which is almost as much as my mustang is. Does that seem reasonable? do you have any suggestions on how to get cheaper rates ie. better bikes, companies etc.

Little background on me;
21yr old male
no tickets, convictions, nothing
Living in Brampton ON
insured and driving since 16yrs old and currently holding a full G and M2 licence, and have completed a motorcycle safety course.

I could be wrong but it seems a bit high for A 125CC beginner bike...

Thank you!

Welcome. Where did you get your quotes at? It wasn't online, was it? As online quotes are usually wrong.

Although Brampton does have higher rates, that seems much too high. Call around...SF, Cornerstone, Paul Surnet, Desjardins....

Welcome. Where did you get your quotes at? It wasn't online, was it? As online quotes are usually wrong.

Unfortunately they were online quotes. I'm going to make a couple calls around when i finish off my shift work schedule for this week as well. Even the online quotes seemed way off, and they were with my police service's "preferred rate".

Wow - that is really high. It's probably an age issue but, still, that's crazy. Call an actual insurance company to get a more accurate quote. You could always opt for a 30 year old bike. I have a CB450 and its $180/yr since it's considered a 'classic'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, first time posting on here!

I'm looking at getting a 2008 Honda cbr125r just to use as a beginner bike to learn. I don't plan on moving up for a while. I've got some quotes on insurance and they've all been in the $4000 range, which is almost as much as my mustang is. Does that seem reasonable? do you have any suggestions on how to get cheaper rates ie. better bikes, companies etc.

Little background on me;
21yr old male
no tickets, convictions, nothing
Living in Brampton ON
insured and driving since 16yrs old and currently holding a full G and M2 licence, and have completed a motorcycle safety course.

I could be wrong but it seems a bit high for A 125CC beginner bike...

Thank you!

I dont know if it makes a difference but;

I got my G in 2013 and my M2 just last week...

Wow - that is really high. It's probably an age issue but, still, that's crazy. Call an actual insurance company to get a more accurate quote. You could always opt for a 30 year old bike. I have a CB450 and its $180/yr since it's considered a 'classic'.

I would love to know who your with, your age etc.

I've been looking at insurance for some classics, but my rate is still around $1200 a year

I've only had my m2 for 3 yrs but I'm 40 so that probably is a big part of why I get a cheaper rate. I also have liability only since the bike's not worth more that about $1,500. I'm with The Personal (now Desjardins I think) and I have our house and car insured with them as well. I didn't call around for comparison since I assumed I'd never beat that rate. Good luck.

OP, I was in a similar situation to you at 22. I got quoted around 4k or well over 4k from most places. Eventually found one at 3k to be my lowest. I was on a 650cc however (my dumb fault for buying before calling)...... just call around lots and youll hopefully find some varying rates

State Farm does not drop rates from M1 to M2 or M2 to M...inquired after my renewal is the same rate as when I had my M1 and was told flat out the only way to receive any reduction was to bring my car, home and/or life over.

My rate did not drop after one year with state farm so i switched to wawneesa. My rate basically halved for my second year of riding (got my m2 as soon as possible after m1 & course). Dropped about a third for my 3rd year (this summer). On a 650 from the start

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I know Brampton has one of the most highest rates for motorcycle insurance. I would go with state farm. I am 26 and pay 74 a month on a ninja 300. got my M2 couple weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom