gear for a skinny dude? | GTAMotorcycle.com

gear for a skinny dude?

iblastoff

i'm pretty skinny. about 5'10 and 145 lbs or so. I'm looking for some beginner riding gear that'll actually fit me and not get weird and baggy all over the place, which i've read is unsafe anyway. i'm guessing i should be looking at some european brands? does anyone know any shops in town that would carry these lines?

I'm 5'8" and around 135-140lbs. And I fit perfectly in Dainese. I'm sure most of the euro brands will be good for you. There's Dainese, Alpinestars, Spidi, and a few others. GP bikes has a great collection of gear. They're in Whitby, Thickson/401 area.

just make sure you get the proper size. Remover that if you get leather, they do tend to stretch to your size. I'm a 44euro and at first it was really tight but after wearing for a few rides they conformed to my body shape.

I'm 5'8" and around 135-140lbs. And I fit perfectly in Dainese. I'm sure most of the euro brands will be good for you. There's Dainese, Alpinestars, Spidi, and a few others. GP bikes has a great collection of gear. They're in Whitby, Thickson/401 area.

just make sure you get the proper size. Remover that if you get leather, they do tend to stretch to your size. I'm a 44euro and at first it was really tight but after wearing for a few rides they conformed to my body shape.
Awesome thanks a lot! I was just looking at GP bikes site too. Seems like they're basically the Canadian version of revzilla.

Some dianese stuff looks right up my alley.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

I'm 5'9 and anywhere from 140 to 155lbs. My Icon jacket fits great and all my gear fits right, just make sure you try on different sizes. Lots of stuff available for guys our size. I can fit into a medium jacket and and i feels more comfortable but the armour is off a little so I went down to a small. It is snug but everything is exactly where it should be and when I am at my lower weight it isn't as snug lol.

daines is guud. sizeing is at leeast 1 size smaller.

also u may trye bmw mottorrradius. they allso fit smaller. go to bmw by dvp. it upstares.

for other brainds: rs taichi (jappaneese).

Guud luck! :thumbup:

European stuff typically has a more narrow cut. As mentioned, Dianese is good. Revit typically fits me well (also 5'10 & 150lbs), and I personally wear Klim which fits me like a glove.

*looks in mirror*

Dang it! Can't help you... sorry. lol

*looks in mirror*

X2 for me. Jealous of OP's skinny dude problems.

Try finding pants in a real XXXL short, where the knee protection is in the right place. Sucks when pants are bigger 'round than they are long. ?

*looks in mirror*

X2 for me. Jealous of OP's skinny dude problems.

Try finding pants in a real XXXL short, where the knee protection is in the right place. Sucks when pants are bigger 'round than they are long. 

Skinny doesn't count until you're over 30. :) I'm 1 1/2 times my young guy weight.

OP could try a back and chest protector to fill out a jacket. Make sure that the pants and jacket can zip together.
For street, I like pants that go over the boots when it's raining.

Dainese is a great fit for skinny guys. I'm 5'6" and like 130lbs. They're the ONLY ones who had a race jacket that fit :S (And I'm 35 now :eek: )

On the subject, anyone have any recommendations for a leather tailor in the GTA? I'd like one of the Icon leather vests but the S/M size fits like a large, I would need is trimmed up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom