Missing a court date | GTAMotorcycle.com

Missing a court date

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
hey all,

just wanted to ask as Ive got a bit of a ****** situation. Got pulled over for a minor infraction and have my court date next week. Unfortunately i have been sent off to Europe for a sales call and the trip is being extended until next Wednesday....court date is next Tuesday. I called the court and they said its too late to file a date change so if I miss the date Im SOL.....anyone deal with this before? She mentioned something about coming in after the date and I have a couple of days to ask for a retrial but couldnt hear properl as connection was crap.

Thanks!

Just went through something similar. I got my dates mixed up and missed the court date. Went into the
court offices and asked to have the case reopened, you have 2 weeks after receiving the conviction from
the original date for a new hearing.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Make sure when you attend court, asking for it to be reopened you bring your airline tickets, hotel receipts etc etc.

Call one of your friends to go for you. They can ask the court to reschedule as you are out of town.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I don't want to get my friends into it because frankly it's in Barrie and I don't want anyone going out of their way for this.

Ill just go the morning after I return with flight tickets and receipts in hand for both legs of the trip.

So many motorcycles in Istanbul it's nuts! I wouldn't drive here...let alone ride! Crazy traffic and drivers...minimal accidents though.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I don't want to get my friends into it because frankly it's in Barrie and I don't want anyone going out of their way for this.

Ill just go the morning after I return with flight tickets and receipts in hand for both legs of the trip.

So many motorcycles in Istanbul it's nuts! I wouldn't drive here...let alone ride! Crazy traffic and drivers...minimal accidents though.

Doesnt it blow your mind??? =))

hey all,

just wanted to ask as Ive got a bit of a ****** situation. Got pulled over for a minor infraction and have my court date next week. Unfortunately i have been sent off to Europe for a sales call and the trip is being extended until next Wednesday....court date is next Tuesday. I called the court and they said its too late to file a date change so if I miss the date Im SOL.....anyone deal with this before? She mentioned something about coming in after the date and I have a couple of days to ask for a retrial but couldnt hear properl as connection was crap.

Thanks!

I believe you can send someone in your place.. Have them explain you are away for business and put request for a new date.. If you can email that person any proof you on business that might help...
Good luck

Doesnt it blow your mind??? =))

What blows my mind is with the traffic, erratic drivers, horrible roads and general disarray (IMO) that less than half of them wear helmets!

But hey, I don't know the rules of the road here. Maybe it's safe enough...haven't seen a bike on it's side yet.

Back
Top Bottom