Motorcycles... i think i have a problem.. but i mean i cant be the only one! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycles... i think i have a problem.. but i mean i cant be the only one!

Hi RPM

Been riding for many years now, love EVERY bit of it, never giving up on it.
However, it became an addiction/drug? :/ oh oh

I currently have an 04 Gsxr 1000, and i want another bike.. no no, not replace, add to my garage
Here i am sitting on kijiji browsing for a good deal, no specific bike, just a good deal, something different to ride on aside from my gixxer
BUT what i should be doing is looking for another car, because my 340k little Acura is starting to show signs of age....
NOPE.. back to "motorcycle" section on kijiji i go! lol

Any body else out there is like me?

i mean i cant be the only one who's got a $1000 Car and a $6500 Bike right? right?! :S

.. and just a picture

I'm in the same boat. My car is 10yearsold, 350K on it, and I don't even want a new car :) Instead, like you, browsing for another bike to add . I'm looking for a Honda Valkyrie. I want to diverge from sports bike and try something new.

I currently have an 04 Gsxr 1000, and i want another bike.. no no, not replace, add to my garage
Here i am sitting on kijiji browsing for a good deal, no specific bike, just a good deal, something different to ride on aside from my gixxer
BUT what i should be doing is looking for another car, because my 340k little Acura is starting to show signs of age....

i mean i cant be the only one who's got a $1000 Car and a $6500 Bike right? right?! :S

.. and just a picture

Look at my signature dude, what do you think? But don't say you will never give it up. People change with time. Needs change with time. Things that were important to us 40 years prior are no longer a priority.

I have two bikes. One a daily and the other is a project. If I had the time i'd like to get a third (probably an HD).

I have two bikes. One a daily and the other is a project. If I had the time i'd like to get a third (probably an HD).

How do you guys handle insurance? do you have multi bikes on the policy or do you keep switching them to keep the cost down?

I'm afraid my insurance broker will be ****** of if i keep switching every other month.

A coworker found out I ride. He gave me a whole speech on how dangerous it is & all the stories back home. The dude wasn't even open to conversation so I just walked away. Too late now. I can only stop riding for a couple weeks

But don't say you will never give it up. People change with time.

Debatable in my situation. After a long day at work, and a crappy mood (because thats how life is) the ONLY thing that makes me happy, is getting on my bike and going for a ride. Instantly i forget about any trouble i had prior, i just enjoy the moment, and anything to do with it.

Ever since i was 16y/o i had my priorities around motorcycles. The day i turned 16 i got my M1/G1, bought a 1995 Ninja EX500R for $3500, and a few months later (about november) i realized that i better get a car because winter is approaching. Got a 1992 Toyota Tercel for $600.. yeah $600, because spent all my money on a bike and gear

Owned more bikes than cars. My last car was worth less than my bike. But it cost me way more than my bike cause I bought it new. Cage deprecation is so much greater than bikes.

OP - Most here got the same addiction/sickness!!
It's all good, add another bike!
Have also had more bikes than cars and will stay that way :D
There's no going back for us, why fight it ;)

e272d72a6fca1c76964dc04c7826aa75.jpg

From experience all I can say is get help now O.P.

I think crack might be harder to quit

How do you guys handle insurance? do you have multi bikes on the policy or do you keep switching them to keep the cost down?

I'm afraid my insurance broker will be ****** of if i keep switching every other month.

My insurance company's phone contact is in another land (Brampton, Mississauga not sure) so I'm not too worried about hurt feelings. I ride the beater in early season, ringaling the ins. co. when weather gets truly nice to move insurance over to less beater for the duration, then move back to real beater in fall. Insurance being prorated, I'll throw another beater on later in season. One year, in September, I insured big raunchy beater full coverage for $110 including wage replacement. I almost wanted to hit a telephone pole to cash in. Or is that cash out? Whatever.

e272d72a6fca1c76964dc04c7826aa75.jpg

From experience all I can say is get help now O.P.

I think crack might be harder to quit

I believe I have said it before: Very envious of your garage. ?

My insurance company's phone contact is in another land (Brampton, Mississauga not sure) so I'm not too worried about hurt feelings. I ride the beater in early season, ringaling the ins. co. when weather gets truly nice to move insurance over to less beater for the duration, then move back to real beater in fall. Insurance being prorated, I'll throw another beater on later in season. One year, in September, I insured big raunchy beater full coverage for $110 including wage replacement. I almost wanted to hit a telephone pole to cash in. Or is that cash out? Whatever.

You would think that at your age they would charge you more, with your slowing reflexes and dwindling eyesight. Not like you have a condition you were born with, like Shortlegatitis.

And I always wondered about the telephone pole thing....all open road, and you're gonna manage to hit the one thing that you probably would never be able to if you tried?

Not sure what I'm saying. No breakfast yet. Blood sugar low. Will come back, reread, and edit if needed.

Last edited:
and edit if needed.

Please do. In the mean time pro tip: look where you want to go. Of course, nothing is etched in stone. Altho I think David Jeffries was.

Please do. In the mean time pro tip: look where you want to go. Of course that didn't help David Jeffries.

Didn't eat yet, but realized that I missed a "?". Sweet mother of pearl!

Please do. In the mean time pro tip: look where you want to go. Of course, nothing is etched in stone. Altho I think David Jeffries was.

Googling David Jefferies...
Died during practice, that sucks. And way too young. Late RIP.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it a problem and my truck is worth more than my bikes but my priorities are all bike. My kitchens falling apart but my bikes are over maintained. My backyard really needs to be cut but my race bike needs paint so maybe I'll get it done on Monday.

In a year or two I'll not ride for a season so I can spend the money on things that need it. Maybe....

The op has a common problem most of us have. Not enough money.

@inreb how the heck are you to look where your going when your blind??? Fools logic I tell ya!

Back
Top Bottom