Local supplier of 2092 Paddock Stand | GTAMotorcycle.com

Local supplier of 2092 Paddock Stand

Fransky

I found this ad on kijiji.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1006993993

It's for the Sumomoto version of the Bursig paddock stand. I was a little skeptical when I read it, but I called anyway. It's totally legit. The guy is named Charles and he'll deliver the stand right to your GTA house. The price? $300 taxes in for my '11 BMW S1000RR version (it's the universal adapter plate). He has other models and apparently, he has custom colours as well. I had it the same day.

I only mention this because there was some discussion earlier.

Have you had it on the stand? I might pick it up for my RR if your review is good.
thx

I found this ad on kijiji.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1006993993

It's for the Sumomoto version of the Bursig paddock stand. I was a little skeptical when I read it, but I called anyway. It's totally legit. The guy is named Charles and he'll deliver the stand right to your GTA house. The price? $300 taxes in for my '11 BMW S1000RR version (it's the universal adapter plate). He has other models and apparently, he has custom colours as well. I had it the same day.

I only mention this because there was some discussion earlier.

Yes, I got one of these a couple years ago from an outfit in Alberta. They had it shipped from their supplier in vancouver. Yes its a clone, but its built well. and works well. I LOVE mine. I paid $US300 for it *Shipped* from out West. The only thing was getting it setup so the bike is balanced on there.

You can get these for super cheap (like $100 each) if youre willing to buy 50 units ;-) I contacted the manufacturers in China when I was trying to find a local reseller.

$300 is a great price

Ok, I finally got it put together and in use. It works great. I took a bunch of pictures and I'll try to present them in some sort of logical order.

Anyway, here it is with my bike leveled off the ground. More on that later.

4E1hfv5m.jpg

I'm moving, that's why the crap in the garage. P!ss Off.

The parts of the stand look very similar to the Bursig. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out of the same factory.

KHf47Phm.jpg

WwcYJR1m.jpg

VpXlnhMm.jpg

Anyway, when I got the boxes, it took all of 15 minutes to put together....with my 5 y/o's help of course. There are no instructions, but it's not too difficult to figure out. The feet slide together and 2 bolts go into each piece to hold them together. This is slightly different from other stands, but seems secure.

YRL3No5m.jpg

The wheels, if you use them, are held in with a hex-key set screw. This is an optional step. Also included are 4 leveling feet which replace the wheels and set screws. I didn't use them, but it's a good option.

Also included was a hydraulic piston which allows you to lower the bike without hanging on to the stand handle. It's a nice feature. The piston is ABS bodied and will probably be the first piece to wear out, but we'll see how long it lasts. It's not included with the Bursig.

Vz19Rc9m.jpg

a6aV0Hfm.jpg

This is the frame sleeve which fits onto the stand to lift the bike. You have to take off the nut connected to the engine bolt and replace it with this sleeve. It's then torqued to 68Nm. The only problem is that once it's torqued the frame squeezes the sleeve enough that the pin on the stand doesn't fit. I solved this by spinning the pin (by hand) on a fine bastard file until it slipped into the sleeve.

5ISErSKm.jpg

Not a big deal, because I had the tools. But it is something to keep in mind. Also, this is for a 2011 S1000RR. Other bikes involve removing the engine bolt and switching it from the left to the right side. My bike had the bolt on the right side. So it was plug and play.

Now for the fiddly part. Because the stand comes with a universal fit plate, you have to mount it on the bike before fastening it to the stand.

VpXlnhMm.jpg
Wm0IRZWm.jpg

The small pin at the bottom of the plate, which starts loose, is placed into the swing arm pivot. Then you screw the large pin (tightly) into the plate and insert it into the engine bolt sleeve you torqued earlier. Then a nut is screwed onto the back of the small pin to hold it in place.

You then remove the whole assembly from the bike and insert the big bolt (the middle one) through the plate and screw it into the stand.

Last edited:
ugbqm50m.jpg

Before you go all Hercules on that big bolt, you have to deal with the leveling assembly. As you can see from the picture, the left end of the assembly bolts through the adapter plate and allows you to tilt the bike to your liking. You just loosen up the jam nut (left middle) and use a wrench to turn the bolt (far right) until you get the angle you want. I did it by tightening up the large plate bolt, lifting the bike, and then gently(!!!) loosening the large bolt (without dropping the bike) until I could use the level assembly to lift the front wheel off the ground. Then I reefed the large bolt tight and done.

There is an okay video of the process on the sumomoto site, but the included instructions are better used for wiping your @$$.

Overall, the stand is really good quality. It's heavy steel in the frame, and the mechanism is a mixture of stainless and heat treated steel. It holds the bike securely, even with my kid climbing on it. (Don't tell CAS please) It makes it a snap to move around the garage, even with all that crap in the way.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, or want more pics, let me know.

Last edited:
Nice. I never got the hydraulic piston on mine. Been using it fine for the past 2.5 years. I do have the mounts for it.

Btw. These are not made in the same factory ad the bursig ones.. Lol. The reason they cost so much is that they are not made in China ?

Ok, I finally got it put together and in use. It works great. I took a bunch of pictures and I'll try to present them in some sort of logical order.

Anyway, here it is with my bike leveled off the ground. More on that later.

4E1hfv5m.jpg

I'm moving, that's why the crap in the garage. P!ss Off.

sorry to bring the old thread back. in the market for the stand.just wanted to know how has the stand fared since you bought it?

It's working great. I've had to re-grease the mechanism, but it survived the move and the bike is currently on it.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Figured I'd post this if anyone is looking for one of these stands. I spent a good few days searching for stock, so maybe I'll save someone some time.

I spoke with Charles 5 weeks ago over the phone, but haven't been able to reach him since. Calls went straight to VM, so I had to source this stand elsewhere. Didn't exactly want to shell out $900+ for a Bursig. Contacted a couple of places only to find out the stand was no longer being produced. Finally ended up contacting SV Racing Parts who had some floor demo's left.

They're in the states, but the owner made it a seamless transaction and I received the stand in 4 days. Paid $415CAD for the stand and adapter plates; no additional duties, taxes, etc.
The owner said they had 1 demo left; so if anyone is interested, send him an email.

< b.layton@svracingparts.com >

Back
Top Bottom