Suction Cups | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suction Cups

Boots

Anyone have experience with suction cup styled gps holders on motorcycle windscreens? Any issues with it falljng off mid ride or is it as secure as it is in a car ?

For GPS, try and use a RAM mount. There are a TON of options. Stem mount, bar mount etc. I just installed a new cradle last week as I am testing some new GPS software in conjunction with my ZUMO.

Its a lot more secure. In the hot sun, you risk the suction cup not sticking well, and falling off. Its not like in your car where it will fall in your lap or the ground....

Plastic windscreen vs Glass windshield. It won't stick the same. Invest in a RAM mount. Better than watching a GPS bounce down the highway. Also, bikes vibrate a LOT more than your car windshield (should).

I've got a ram, off eBay. It's awesome just make sure to superglue the rubber feet on!!!

Try Radioworld their ram mounts are competitively priced and they are Steeles and 400 area.

That's right in Boots and my backyard. I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

Didn't think you lads from bridge were allowed south of Steeles...lol. Just kididng my shop is about 15 minutes from you Joe.

What shop is this?

Try Radioworld their ram mounts are competitively priced and they are Steeles and 400 area.

Went there yesterday. Ram mounts & custom fit holder for my gps. All in, $62. Online prices were anywhere from $45-$80 for a similar set up. Opted against the chrome mounts as they increased the price by 2 1/2 times. They are out of stock of the xgrip right now. Thanks for the tip, Hedo.

Went there yesterday. Ram mounts & custom fit holder for my gps. All in, $62. Online prices were anywhere from $45-$80 for a similar set up. Opted against the chrome mounts as they increased the price by 2 1/2 times. They are out of stock of the xgrip right now. Thanks for the tip, Hedo.
I'm going there as well. A few friends have bought mounts there and had nothing but good to say about them. Good to see pricing is on par too

Back
Top Bottom