Rear stand for KLR650? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rear stand for KLR650?

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
I have just noticed that the spoolless stand I got, has arms that are way too short to actually lift my KLR off the ground. Never thought about how much taller the bike sits compared to all my previous ones. Want to adjust the chain as it's slapping a bit.

What do you guys use? Go milk-crate-style as the motocross peeps do? I'm afraid the pig may crush that and I have no big chunks of wood or anything sturdy.

Or is there actually a special rear stand for adventure bikes and big dual sports?
I may install a centre stand on the KLR down the line but need some sort of solution for now so I can get over with this on the weekend.

I just do it on the side stand if on the road, or I use a lift to hold it up straight if at home. Will be doing it later today now that you have reminded me.

Bolt a couple of 2x2 or 2x1s to the bottom of the horizontal sections of the stand to gain an inch or two in height? As a KLR owner, you are obligated to embrace the penny-tech lifestyle, right?

+1 add a stack of stuff under the stand...effectively raising the floor. no need to bolt it to the stand.

I use the CT motorcycle jack. I wish I had a centre stand though.

Yeah, I have a spoolless and one for spools but no jack however. Don't need one for VFR - has centre stand.
If the bloody KLR wasn't so frigging tall. Lol. No worries, I'll just shake the wheel out and hope the bike won't fall on my face while I do it. Only need half an inch or so.

For doing chain work on my KLR, I used a plastic container (milkbone) under the swingarm. You can probably find something similar height.

Otherwise I used the Canadian tire bike lift. Works great for the KLR if you have a bash plate.

Back
Top Bottom