Anyone rent from this guy before? Seems sketchy.. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone rent from this guy before? Seems sketchy..

I sent him an e-mail inquiring about availability:

"Sorry, all we got available for the next few weeks is 2007 suzuki gsxr750. The Ducati and R1 are rented for two weeks straight and a few days after. Let me know if you want the gixxer or if you want to book the R1 or Ducati."
Be our guinea pig & write a detailed review. A video will be a plus

If he had the 2015 R1 in stock I was going to do a two day rental and take it to TMP for a track day, see how I like it. Would be lots of videos of course! :)
Gixxer750 ain't that bad

Just finished the weekend with the GSXR750. The bike is in decent condition, tires are fresh but the paint job is absolutely revolting. It's an ugly green and it was clearly done by an amateur.

The bike rides straight and handles well. Everything checked out.

I had a great time with it. I used it to do my M exam with Learning Curves, no problem there. Spent the rest of the saturday and the sunday cruising from downtown to the forks. Loved it.

I paid $300 and gave him $1000 cash deposit. The deposit was returned to me when I returned the bike. (Same $100 bills, as I marked them just in case =p)

Clearly it's a small business he is running. The guy is not trying to scam anyone. I just don't think he fully understands the risks of motorcycle rental. Be nice.

Just finished the weekend with the GSXR750. The bike is in decent condition, tires are fresh but the paint job is absolutely revolting. It's an ugly green and it was clearly done by an amateur.

The bike rides straight and handles well. Everything checked out.

I had a great time with it. I used it to do my M exam with Learning Curves, no problem there. Spent the rest of the saturday and the sunday cruising from downtown to the forks. Loved it.

I paid $300 and gave him $1000 cash deposit. The deposit was returned to me when I returned the bike. (Same $100 bills, as I marked them just in case =p)

Clearly it's a small business he is running. The guy is not trying to scam anyone. I just don't think he fully understands the risks of motorcycle rental. Be nice.

Did you checkout his insurance ?

It might not be insurance, only a Damage Waiver. That's what a lot of rental car companies do. They are self insured (they only have the legally necessary type) and the insurance is to allow you to walk away from any damages after paying the deductible.

Back
Top Bottom