GP Bikes' 2015 Track Day Schedule at Mosport and Shannonville | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP Bikes' 2015 Track Day Schedule at Mosport and Shannonville

Just a little feedback, please don't take this the wrong way. You guys should be keeping a better eye on some of the riders. There was a lot of people in intermediate that had no business being there. Otherwise, I had a blast. Thanks for putting on a great day.

Edit: Saw a photographer out there today, did anyone get his contact by any chance?

Last edited:
Mina: it was Don Empey. Nice guy, he gives away his photographs (so far anyway).

I had a good day... kept myself from racing Raniowski until he Raniowski'd me one too many times... had a nice little heat right at the end of the day and we both called it quits. heh

I got my suspension nicely dialed in... very consistent across the front and rear, which is hard to do with that bike (because stupid engine) and the brakes are head and shoulders above my 600. So nice to ride a bike that you can trust, at least as far as the brakes.

Nice to see the H2R there, it's cool and all but I think it needs more power. :rolleyes:

Maybe you need to move to red!
I did after lunch and set a new personal best. Had an "oh ****" moment going into 6 that toned me down a bit. Did the last session in intermediate and called it a day.

Mina: it was Don Empey. Nice guy, he gives away his photographs (so far anyway).

Nice to see the H2R there, it's cool and all but I think it needs more power. :rolleyes:
Thanks! The rider on the H2R had me shaking my head every time I saw him.

It looked like you were having some trouble down the front straight there for a bit. Everything cool, I assume?

Last edited:
Everything's good. I wasn't really pushing the bike much. It's a tough bike to ride on that track, it just wants to wheelie everywhere. I think I spent too long away from the bike, what it really wants is 2nd gear and a tight line off the corner mixed with 4th gear in corner one. In the upcoming AM 1000 race I'll be ready to push it hard I think... at the end of the day Raniowski and I did a few 9/10ths laps, not sure if you caught those. Good times.

Also I was riding to help out some other riders quite a lot of the time. Once I sorted out the suspension based on the tire wear and feel I was pretty much done for the day. Serviced the brakes at the track... why not, amirite?! lol I hadn't cleaned them this year and it turns out I'd glazed the pads pretty badly, new pads and some new fluid... gave it all a good clean... got to replace the pins, they're looking beaten up which I don't really understand as I always use copper grease on them.

Last edited:
First ever track day today (apart from racer5) and man was it eye-opening! From the actual prep time to trying to learn the course in just a few sessions, it can be pretty damn overwhelming! Especially when the other two folks with you are track noobs as well! haha

Regarding today, I did see alot of the green folks move to intermediate by mid-day. Better for me.

And I saw you out there Shaman! Usually together with a feller on a ZX10 and Yellow R6?

And I saw you out there Shaman! Usually together with a feller on a ZX10 and Yellow R6?

Yep, my buddy Dan Belanger on the ZX10R and Mike Raniowski on the GSX-R. Used to be one of Archambault's bikes. Pretty quick. Dan has a lot of natural talent but that only takes you so far, we've both been trying to help him with his body position and some areas where standing the bike up lets you get on the gas early and hard. Also a lot cheaper than dragging boots and pegs, not to mention the rest of the bike... hehheh

Spent a fair bit of time helping out Ben (last name unknown) with his lines... going in early in a few spots, also showed him that a tight line into the main straight can work if you do it right. Give him the summer and he'll probably be in shape to go racing next year.

I did after lunch and set a new personal best.

Oh so you'll bump up to red group when I'm not there but when I ask you heck no. jackass :)

Been to two GP Bikes days and lack of organizers watching riders antics and too many wanna-be racers in the group not getting spoken to is reason enough for me never to do one again until the prove to me they're doing a better job. I saw two solid/predictable VRRA riders get ran into the back of and hurt (one badly) by guys being way to aggressive. Can't speak to how the red group was during those days as I was in Intermediate.

Thank Shaman for your time on the track. Greatly appreciated...
Last name Abraham :)

Regarding today, I did see alot of the green folks move to intermediate by mid-day. Better for me.

At lunch someone asked a few people in green if they wanted to move up to intermediate. Marshals were talking and taking down numbers of the faster riders in the group.

Personally, I had a really good time. Weather was great, atmosphere was chill and had a few wicked sessions. As far as people jumping around, the beginner group was restricted to passing only on the straights...unfortunately those not comfortable cornering yet have a tendency to crack the throttle hard on the straights so it became frustrating pretty quick especially when on fast bikes. bumped to intermediate by noon and all was good.

Thanks to all for a good time.

Great day nice to see some of the racers and well run day.
Nice to meet Shaman. We were the orange r6 and blue gsxr600 couldn't miss us with the blue trailer.

Great day hope the rider that crashed was okay.

I'm the guy that crashed the intermediate session before Lunch. Wicked headache for a couple days but OK. If I'm not the one you're think of then disregard. The day was otherwise run decently well, as other had mentioned, a few people seemed to end up in the wrong groups. But that didn't mess the day up by any stretch.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm the guy that crashed the intermediate session before Lunch. Wicked headache for a couple days but OK. If I'm not the one you're think of then disregard. The day was otherwise run decently well, as other had mentioned, a few people seemed to end up in the wrong groups. But that didn't mess the day up by any stretch.
Glad you're OK! Always good to hear from crashed riders.

Glad you're OK! Always good to hear from crashed riders.
Thanks man, was hoping my crashing days were over.

For anyone that hasn't been off-road at shannonville.... It is a TERRIFYING place to be at 100+kph, especially when it has you going toward another Unknown section of live track.

Yep, I negotiated it in the AM 1000 race and came back to take a place in 4th... you just gotta be angry, and you'll stay upright... lol

Some video from the rider of the H2R that was there:

[video=youtube;e7ujR9UDyDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ujR9UDyDE[/video]

Before anyone hates on him, he brought a $60K bike to the track, can hardly blame him for trying to keep the pace reasonable. Almost didn't save him all the same... easy entry, short-shifting and I still saw 265km/h on the speedo at one point. :eek:

Last edited:
Yep, I negotiated it in the AM 1000 race and came back to take a place in 4th... you just gotta be angry, and you'll stay upright... lol

Lol that's awesome. I managed to save a highside at turn 2, and navigate the grass/ruts... It was the rider I saw entering turn 6 on my right that made me decide I had to do something drastic, the only option that came to mind was instadump the bike via a hand full of front brake. In hindsight I may have been able to try and merge back onto the track, but I really didn't want to potentially involve someone else in my own mistake.
]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom