My CB300FA is almost at 1000 km, What kind of maintenance will I need to do on it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

My CB300FA is almost at 1000 km, What kind of maintenance will I need to do on it?

Seej95

My Honda CB300FA is almost at the 1000 km mark.
* What are all the specific list of things I will need to get maintained/changed?

Someone had mentioned to me that the initial 1000 km maintenance is very important, and that I should let my dealership handle it, and after that I can do the maintenance myself.

I was also told that it would be better to pay the extra bucks and get it done at the Official Honda facility (I think located somewhere on LakeShore... If someone can let me know where it is, that would be great), because Honda will definitely not half-*** it...

What are ya'll opinions on this...
Should I youtube it, and do it myself?
Should I take a motorcycle maintenance course at RTI/Humber/Centennial?
Should I take it to a normal dealership, and find the cheapest price?
Should I pay the extra bucks & take it to the official Honda?

Thanks guys/girls!

Specific steps for your bike are listed in the owners manual.

You can do this initial services yourself (a bike specific forum may have more detailed steps) keep all receipts for materials and record it so you can show you did the work for warranty repairs. The 1000km is usually an oil change and checking bolts and screws are tight perhaps some other stuff.
If you don't feel comfortable take it to the a mechanic your trust.

Last edited:
If it is like the CBR250RA, then there might be a valve check listed for first service. Your call on that one...it's very expensive ($400-500) and they need the bike overnight to check when it is cold. You can check the 250 forums, but I think most were found within spec anyhow. I had it done on mine, but only because I knew about it, and had them include first service with purchase of the bike. Sales was NOT very happy with that one when they found out the cost a month or so later. lol

If it is like the CBR250RA, then there might be a valve check listed for first service. Your call on that one...it's very expensive ($400-500) and they need the bike overnight to check when it is cold. You can check the 250 forums, but I think most were found within spec anyhow. I had it done on mine, but only because I knew about it, and had them include first service with purchase of the bike. Sales was NOT very happy with that one when they found out the cost a month or so later. lol

I forgot some bikes do that .. its a bit of rip off i think..

You'll need to get some service receipts to maintain the warranty.

The main areas are chain check, head bearings, and valve clearance. The good news is that it's a single, so there is only one head to check, but it takes shop time.

RTFM.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

Someone had mentioned to me that the initial 1000 km maintenance is very important, and that I should let my dealership handle it, and after that I can do the maintenance myself.

That's about right. No valve check is needed for the 300 until 16k (but check your manual). Pay the $100: if your dealer finds anything amiss it will be fixed immediately and under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom