Another job on the line over vulgar comments | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another job on the line over vulgar comments

Seems like pretty cut-and-dry sexual harassment to me. Offender was attending a company function, even

i don't understand how some think they can act like a complete *** without consequences.

I don't think his name was mentioned and his employer has suspended him without pay while the comments are being investigated. Does this mean it could fade from view unlike the other A-hole.

At what level of vocal comment does it become threatening and therefore subject to legal charges? Crude vs. criminal.

The secondary problem with A-holes making comments like this is that it makes it more awkward to pay someone a compliment due to zero tolerance rules.

I know someone who got his butt in a wringer because his poor English turned a compliment into a potential sexual comment. He meant to tell someone she had a pleasant smile and it came out "You have nice lips".

I'd never heard of Shauna Hunt or Jen Grant before. I'm not saying my awareness is going to help their bottom line a whole bunch, but hey, still moving in the right direction.

Guy deserves to lose his job for that. Maybe a few punches in the face for being an ignorant **** too.

Hang on a mo. Losing your job with cause is pretty serious. It is difficult to find another job and without the income you may well lose your car and your home. Your whole family will suffer. That is why employment tribunals consider sacking to be like a capital offense and require that it was necessary.

I am getting concerned that we are punishing people for behavioural lapses that often occur at a festive event where the offender is possibly impaired. You know nothing about what happened, what this man is like, or other contextual facts yet you are happy to condemn. I hope you never get chosen for jury duty, and if you do please watch Twelve Angry Men first. We are all too human and prone to stupidity--should our lives be ruined because of it? I hope the employer gets to follow their HR policies rather than be bullied by the braying mob. Investigate and determine a proportionate response. Perhaps unpaid suspension during which the man takes equity and diversity training.

There is a miasma of sanctimonious, hypocritical, prudishness surrounding this. So Joots, heckling bad, physical assault good? I trust the next time a comic ridicules you because of: your appearance; incoherent answer to a question; presumed sexual deficiency; crappiness of your job; or any other of the routine comic targets that you will head to what, the police? The Star? The Human Rights Tribunal? Lenny Bruce, Redd Foxx, Richard Pryor, Jimmy Carr, Lisa Lampanelli, Doug Stanhope, and all the rest: the angry, frightened, foggy brain of Joots wants to punch you.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Internet, where everything is made up, and the points don't matter.

How stupid does your decision have to be before you are required to take responsibility for it, then?

I am getting concerned that we are punishing people for behavioural lapses that often occur at a festive event where the offender is possibly impaired. You know nothing about what happened, what this man is like, or other contextual facts yet you are happy to condemn. I hope you never get chosen for jury duty, and if you do please watch Twelve Angry Men first. We are all too human and prone to stupidity--should our lives be ruined because of it? I hope the employer gets to follow their HR policies rather than be bullied by the braying mob. Investigate and determine a proportionate response. Perhaps unpaid suspension during which the man takes equity and diversity training.

As I wrote on the other thread ("Fak her right in Pus**: feminists need to suck the big one!"), since when is alcohol an excuse for personal responsibility? Even if the offender was completely drunk, how can we say that he was right or correct or allowed to yell such things, or that he does not have to face consequences for yelling them?

Being drunk may not be an excuse but it could be a reason. People who pass judgement after the fact, are they drunk? Is being "held responsible" a catch phrase for what ever punishment a retaliatory party feels is right and just?

Might be an idea to not drink at all if you're that much of an idiot. Some people have no class or self control. Add booze and they turn into even bigger asshats. Just a thought.

If the company supplied the bar for the event, they could be held liable....

I think he should be reprimanded, demoted and pay cut at the minimum. Should be fired if he went way way overboard. He was drunk, but it was his choice to drink. What if she had been a customer and he acted like that?

As I wrote on the other thread ("Fak her right in Pus**: feminists need to suck the big one!"), since when is alcohol an excuse for personal responsibility? Even if the offender was completely drunk, how can we say that he was right or correct or allowed to yell such things, or that he does not have to face consequences for yelling them?

+1
With the decision to drink comes with it all the responsibilities and repercussions. Exactly why intoxicated drivers killing the innocent, raping, fighting, and murdering are just as accountable as being sober.

This moron deserved it. No way would he represent my business.

This guy was attending an association event representing himself and his employer. Not withstanding the stupid comments he made to the comic, there is a good many companies that would terminate his employment due to being simply drunk at this event. This in itself is inappropriate behaviour, combine this with the disgusting heckling,
Punch out and don't punch back in!

Hang on a mo. Losing your job with cause is pretty serious. It is difficult to find another job and without the income you may well lose your car and your home. Your whole family will suffer. That is why employment tribunals consider sacking to be like a capital offense and require that it was necessary.

What about the victims that lose their jobs because of harassment and abuse? Then they lose their houses and their families suffer.

A large company or organization can go up against the Human Rights Commission, fight delaying tactics and while they technically lose the victim gets the worst of it. Canadian lawsuits do not involve the numbers we hear of in the USA.

Sometimes these cases go on for years with the victim's life on hold awaiting a resolution. The company keeps on making money and the perpetrator keeps his job but the victim is in limbo not knowing what the future holds.

It has to be recognized that there are lines we do not cross. The jerk crossed the line.

Drunks have been getting away with murder (maybe not literally) forever. Now all of a sudden it's flipped 180 degrees. Get stupid once, in the wrong place, and your whole life is in the toilet. Whatever happened to a measured response? Who sets "responsibilities and repercussions"? So far it's been the commentators. How come everybody's so taken by surprise, where alcohol is served, there's a lubricating effect? Company Christmas parties used to be notorious for bad behaviour, you really had to mess up to loose your job there. A comedy show with adult beverages? OMG, heckling. Who knew?

Back
Top Bottom