Tank Protectors | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tank Protectors

Warrior VonBrown

Hello all, I was just wondering if you guys know of any decent tank protectors? I was going to buy the generic black and grey one you see everywhere, but it's a little small, and I've had a couple of guys at a store tell me not to get that one. Problem is, I don't really know where to start, save ordering on line, but I'd rather go for a ride and pick one up. Thanks guys, and sorry if this has been posted before, I didn't see it.

Assuming the 250 tank is the same size as the 125 tank on the bike, this is pretty much what I'm looking for. Maybe I should look this up. *google time* Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
Tech spec tank pads. They usually have a center pad to go with the sides. Protection and extra grip.

https://bluestreakracing.ca/stomp-g...ors/techspec-gripsters/techspec.html?___SID=U

This...I had their centre and side pads on my CBR250RA, and just put them on my CBR650F. FYI the centre pads are generic, so they should work on any bike. Plus they are removable, so if you don't like the placement you can adjust (just know that if you pull it off months or years late, the paint won't be faded underneath, so it will look odd).

24ot7pt.jpg

4v1shu.jpg

Last edited:
That's the way to go. Ridiculous bikes don't come from the factory like that.

The funny part is I brought my centre pad with me when I picked up the new bike from the dealership. They laughed a little at first, then said that actually was a really good idea. I think I would have died a little inside had I gotten a brand new bike with around 40-50km on it home, and saw my zipper had already attacked the tank... lol

Also if anyone wants to just protect the paint on the tank, there is also:

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

The sell both their own static cling film (think iPhone screen protector) as well as 3M film (more like a clearbra on a car). I actually had this on my sides until I got the TechSpec pads, just to be safe.

"Also if anyone wants to just protect the paint on the tank, there is also:

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

The sell both their own static cling film (think iPhone screen protector) as well as 3M film (more like a clearbra on a car). I actually had this on my sides until I got the TechSpec pads, just to be safe.

Hey conundrum,
could you give little review of the tech spec? thanks.
I was thinking about getting it for my cbr 250 and also upgrading to the cbr 650

I've used the the TechSpec snakeskin for a few yrs on my bike and it definitely helps grip the tank, when cornering while wearing my slippery textile pants. They also protect the tank and can be easily removed when the grip eventually wears away and you want to replace. The grip is not so rough that it will wear away at your clothing either, like some others.
DSCN9324-X3.jpg

" it definitely helps grip the tank, when cornering while wearing my slippery textile pants"
Yeah, I noticed that too, when I got my riding pants (my first) a few weeks back. Lately I am focusing on squeezing the tank and trying to keep my arms/shoulder relaxed. I am thinking about the C3

Thanks for all the input and the links guys. I'll let you guys know what I end up with. Hopefully upload some pics as well.

Back
Top Bottom