Resetting my Acewell 3700 digital dash | GTAMotorcycle.com

Resetting my Acewell 3700 digital dash

dirtbag

Not sure how it happened but the acewell 3700 digital dash on my DRZ400 has some how become uncalibrated if you will. The speeds displayed are now way to high compared to what they should be.

Is there a way to reset this unit?

I found the users manual online and it goes through the set up. But I didn't see anything about a resetting method. Do I need to just go through the proceedure as if I was setting it up initially?

Any help appreciated.

Reset? Do you mean the odometer or just update the wheel circumference to get correct speeds?
You should be able to set the circumference using steps in the ACE-37XXE_38XXE-EN-V1.0 manual.

Not sure how it happened but the acewell 3700 digital dash on my DRZ400 has some how become uncalibrated if you will. The speeds displayed are now way to high compared to what they should be.

Is there a way to reset this unit?

I found the users manual online and it goes through the set up. But I didn't see anything about a resetting method. Do I need to just go through the proceedure as if I was setting it up initially?

Any help appreciated.

I need to reset it some how because the speed is now wildly off. It was reading correctly but something happened and the setting is awry.

Yeah you can set it by setting the circumference. Check the manual for how you can enter a configuration mode and set the correct circumference of the wheel.
Also, check your magnet and make sure the whole setup is still solid.

I need to reset it some how because the speed is now wildly off. It was reading correctly but something happened and the setting is awry.

I printed out the user manual and I'm still confused. They list differnet tire sizes and the coresponding circumfirence. My wheel is 21" (the rim) but the outside diameter of the tire is 28" (the part that actually hits the road). They don't list a 28" wheel.

I would think speed and distance need the on pavement circumference to be accurate.

Any thoughts on how to check this when I'm done other than following a friend at a known speed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Here's some more info that I found:

http://www.acewell-meter.com/e11.php

If this is correct, your wheel takes circumference in millimetres.
You can calculate the circumference using the formula Tire Diameter (inches) x 25.4(mm/inches) x 3.1416 = wheel circumference (in mm).

Another way you can do it (this also accounts for tire wear) is to mark the road at the start (judge by nipple position or just mark the tire so it leaves an imprint on the ground) then roll the bike forward straight until you get to the same nipple position / leave a mark on the pavement.
Once that's done get a measuring tape out and measure the distance in mm between marks. That is your circumference.

I've done the second method on my bicycles and it's pretty accurate.

You can double check the accuracy by GPS (your phone probably has one)
If your GPS reading is different at a steady speed than the speedometer, adjust the circumference as required until you are satisfied.
Speedo reading too fast - reduce circumference
Speedo reading too slow - increase circumference

I think it's a bit of an overkill though, entering in the circumference you obtain from measuring between marks should be enough.

Hope this helps.

I printed out the user manual and I'm still confused. They list differnet tire sizes and the coresponding circumfirence. My wheel is 21" (the rim) but the outside diameter of the tire is 28" (the part that actually hits the road). They don't list a 28" wheel.

I would think speed and distance need the on pavement circumference to be accurate.

Any thoughts on how to check this when I'm done other than following a friend at a known speed?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'll use Pi*diameter to get the circumference and try that.

My phone will be no help - it's screwed to the wall in my house.

Back
Top Bottom