Insane Toronto Weather - Summer SS Tires | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insane Toronto Weather - Summer SS Tires

Certainly seems our weather is now basically one extreme or the other. Hot, humid 30oC temps followed by days of below normal temps and a chance of overnight and morning frost.

Yesterday I had to ride around with my leather jacket's zipper half unzipped because I was cooking like a baked potato in it.
Today I rode to work and had to swap it for the car at lunch; too cold to ride in my summer gear.

wtf?

I know, and just a few months ago there was this white stuff everywhere and puddles of water were like, all hard. Almanac says in July it's going to be above 30C. Cray-zee.

Back to OP: buy some tire warmers. totally legit.

This has got to be the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. Maybe spend some more time learning about bikes by riding and reading, watching on tv... before trying to start a conversation with a million random strangers. I mean come on, Summer tires???

Some do ;), been riding for 10yrs now and have never owned a set of "street" tires.....ran race DOT's for years and now just groove my used slicks. You just have to adjust your riding style according to the weather

+1 I've run DOT race scrubs for decades down to at least -10C.

I know, and just a few months ago there was this white stuff everywhere and puddles of water were like, all hard. Almanac says in July it's going to be above 30C. Cray-zee.

Back to OP: buy some tire warmers. totally legit.
We normally just get above 30*C for a week or 2. I have a feeling we might have it longer this year

This has got to be the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. Maybe spend some more time learning about bikes by riding and reading, watching on tv... before trying to start a conversation with a million random strangers. I mean come on, Summer tires???

We're not strangers, what are you talking about?

We're all family.... a big *** family with a million (1/3 of GTA population) members ....

Use refrigerant instead of air in the tires? I'll have to consult my pit crew.
Good idea. I 'll let you know how it turns out

Some do ;), been riding for 10yrs now and have never owned a set of "street" tires.....ran race DOT's for years and now just groove my used slicks. You just have to adjust your riding style according to the weather

You have no idea what your missing.

It's normal May weather.

7UNff.gif

You have no idea what your missing.

I took my buds gixxer on a ride when mine was down, he had pilot 2 CT's (not old junk).....had a few *** puckers and wasn't a big fan. Another just switched to Q 3's for the street and likes em, I'll have to try em out one day.....I'm prob just an old creature of habit only used to what I learned on and comfortable

Not to get into the great tire debate but I've ridden in much colder than this. It's called control. That said I have pilot power 3s and love them. I wouldn't have Q3's again if someone bought them for me.

I took my buds gixxer on a ride when mine was down, he had pilot 2 CT's (not old junk).....had a few *** puckers and wasn't a big fan. Another just switched to Q 3's for the street and likes em, I'll have to try em out one day.....I'm prob just an old creature of habit only used to what I learned on and comfortable

I would take a cold street tire over a cold race tire any day. There's too many reasons to not judge all street tires by one ride with one brand of tire. The new supersport rubber is pretty damn good.

Not judging or picking teams here, a lot of riders with way more experience and chances to use different brands and compounds on this site.....all are good input to the topic. Only stating to adapt to your style/ tire choice/ and weather conditions, which ever the case.....ride safe!!!

I'm talking about going from extremes of temperature over timescales measured in a day or even hours, not months.

Threads like these are why I still check GTAM from time to time...LOL

In all seriousness, +1 to those who said ride according to conditions. Warmer weather = sticky tires = ride faster/lean further....cold weather = cold tires = ride more cautiously and keep the bike more upright.

Threads like these are why I still check GTAM from time to time...LOL

In all seriousness, +1 to those who said ride according to conditions. Warmer weather = sticky tires = ride faster/lean further....cold weather = cold tires = ride more cautiously and keep the bike more upright.

Lol That's solid bud thnx!

Not to get into the great tire debate but I've ridden in much colder than this. It's called control. That said I have pilot power 3s and love them. I wouldn't have Q3's again if someone bought them for me.

running PP3's this year too. They are pretty solid

Back
Top Bottom