New SRADer. K-W area. | GTAMotorcycle.com

New SRADer. K-W area.

Morning gents and gentinas.
Name is Max, I'm a new rider. Was gifted a 98 SRAD 750 last year, did my course got my license, and after sorting out some charging issues got her on the road finally this year.
I'm slightly timid riding her being that a 750 is a big bike for a first timer. But I don't think it'll take me long to settle in.
I don't know of any routes or roads that everyone around here rides, so I'm looking forward to tagging along once I'm more comfortable with the power.
The bike was a gift cause it's been dumped before, has 65k on it and needed some tlc. I gave her new plugs, oil/filter and a battery this season, as well as a mosfett r/r last year for the charging issue. I've got water wetter to give it a coolant flush as well, and over the winter intend to give her a rebuild. Being older, with solid kms and being dropped I'm wary about how far she'll go without issue.
Some of the body pieces are barely held together. Half the bolts are replaced and missing washers and grommets, and the seat bolt holes are basically stripped, so it's kinda just sitting there.
All and all she still runs well enough, took her on the expressway for the first time this morning. Definitely need a riding jacket haha.
But I'm excited to be part of the K-W riding scene and check out some shows and swap meets.
I'll post some pictures once I'm home from work.
But here's my official hello!!

Cheers,

Max

Nice bike max. Me & frekeyguy know quite a bit about that bike. Treat her well

Thanks, she is a beauty, I'm in looooove with the sound. Though I think the silencer is out of the can it's on the loud side, but I love the rumble.

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Soooo my Battery died when I stopped at my parents place on the way home yesterday. I had hoped I fixed the charging issue, hard wiring the Mosfett R/R too the battery with a circuit breaker on the power end. The wires from the stator are smaller than the R/R could that be the issue?

Why not try rewiring it back to oem?

Back to OEM as in original R/R? I think possibly the aftermarket tail lights, or something may be putting a small draw on it while it sits.
Newbie question but does the kill switch have any play in shutting off elec system while it sits?
I had to put it on the tender over night again.

Cheers

Back to original wiring of RR

Welcome aboard!

Nice bike! we had 2 SRAD suzukis in the family, a 98 600cc and a 2000 750cc! every time i see one, it gives me this warm spot in my heart lol

ride safe, and just take your time, no need to impress the ladies ;)

Thanks I appreciate the welcome. Not too worried about impressing anyone yet as much as I am about getting a solid season of riding out of her haha.
2 things, I put 20-50w in her by mistaken knowledge, while it needs 10-40w Synthetic. It seems like it's almost dragging after a few minutes on the road? Would the oil weight affect it that much?
I seem to still be having the battery life issue. I have to put it on the tender overnight to get my daily commute in.
The battery is brandnew the R/R is brand new and the Mosfett version. And from what I'm told the Stator was replaced shortly before it was given to me.
I tested the battery it charges at about 13+ volts at 4k rpm.
I'm wondering if I have a constant draw.
I had in on the Tender overnight Saturday, unplugged her and let her sit Sunday. She started up no problem this Monday morning, but the rpms were shuttering and sounded like it was about to stall on me sitting at a light.
I'm also hearing a whirring sound when I slow down at times, like a turbine spinning down almost.
Any ideas gents?

Thanks again for the welcome, the waves and nods and welcomes have made this experience so much easier for me.

Cheers,

Max

At around 4k rpm, it should measure a little over 14v. Something might be wrong with your stator or rectifier if it is different.

Another thing is on the left side of the fairings there is a large plug that corrodes with age. Over time this can lead to fuse burnouts

Back
Top Bottom