2011 SV650 Passenger seat lock latch | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 SV650 Passenger seat lock latch

thephenom

So I was putting my tail section back together after installing a fender eliminator. Before I tested the passenger lock latch, I decided to put back on the passenger seat.

The key won't unlock it, the latch cable fell out. I tried turning the lock latch from inside the trunk with a screwdriver, and the actual latch broke. I can lift the rear part of the passenger seat since my handle (where the rear part of seat locks on) isn't installed yet, but I can't seem to unlock that latch.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Pic of broken latch from inside

Since you are taking that picture and can see the mechanism, I would just try and make something out of perhaps a coat hanger, or a long screwdriver... you need to actuate the mechanism. It pulls the cable obviously, so you need to slide the thing to the left. Good luck.

Maybe you can even reach it with long pliers, and pull the cable towards the left of the bike.

Since you are taking that picture and can see the mechanism, I would just try and make something out of perhaps a coat hanger, or a long screwdriver... you need to actuate the mechanism. It pulls the cable obviously, so you need to slide the thing to the left. Good luck.

Maybe you can even reach it with long pliers, and pull the cable towards the left of the bike.
Thanks, I can get a screwdriver in it and reach. But when I was fiddling with it yesterday, it didn't have much feedback (ie the metal part is more or less free-moving), and I gave up after 45m. I'll try to nudge at it again tonight.

Back
Top Bottom