Yamaha Service | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Service

Axif

Hey! I want to take my Yamaha in for its first service (for warranty purposes). Any suggestions on good Yamaha service centres in or around GTA? Thought I'd hear from experiences with different dealers/service centers

Thanks

I want to take my Yamaha in for its first service (for warranty purposes).
It's a lie that they tell you that you have to get it serviced at a dealer for the first service (for warranty). Document and keep receipts for the service you or any mechanic performs and you'll be fine for warranty.

What you need to do is listed in the maintenance schedule of your owners manual. If you don't have one: http://ecuflashking.com/r6/manuals/2008-2011 Yamaha R6/ (service manual is in there too, save a copy, super handy to have when working on the bike yourself).

If you'd like a dealer to do it this is a great place for Yamaha:

Brampton Powersports
http://www.bramptonpowersports.com/
105 Van Kirk Dr.
Brampton, ON L7A 1A4
Sales: 1 866 355-0351
Service: 1 888 367-5831
Parts: 1 888 463-1530

Service Hours
Monday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Sunday: OUT RIDING

BPS in Brampton or Snow city Yamaha in Scarborough are my preferred Yamaha Dealers for parts and service.

Vos Motor Sports is also an official dealer of Yamaha, but I have not used them yet so can't comment on the service.

+1 to the above, there's no need to take the bike in for its service. Assuming you're mechanically capable, save the labour cost and do it at home.

Your going to pay $200+ for basically an oil change and a quick walk around.

If you are confident in yourself and have the space do it yourself.

It really isn't that hard at all.

On a side note... Recently changed the oil on my buddy's R6..... If you are getting intimidated by the task... I can help YOU do it

Vos Motor Sports is also an official dealer of Yamaha, but I have not used them yet so can't comment on the service.

DO NOT GO TO VOS.... They sold my friend a new R6 Raven Edition (it was a few years old). It was actually used and from the US. The miles that were on it magically weren't on the dash. Cluster must have been swapped and the clutch was fried.... They pull some shady sh*t. The owner is a pain to deal with. Contacted Yamaha Canada and USA, got the real history on the bike.

If you need the first service done.... I can do it in about 20 minutes for free. Change oil + filter, check to make sure everything is in perfect running order.

Hey! I want to take my Yamaha in for its first service (for warranty purposes). Any suggestions on good Yamaha service centres in or around GTA? Thought I'd hear from experiences with different dealers/service centers

Thanks

As others mentioned, you do not have to take your bike to an authorized dealer to ensure your warranty remains in place. For some people it is a good idea, for others it isn't. Just make sure if you are doing your services yourself (or at a non-Yamaha shop) you keep good records of what was done and that it was done. That way if there is an issue later on you have your records in order.

Oakville Yamaha - great service

Thank you for the kind words we appreciate the good feedback.

As others mentioned, you do not have to take your bike to an authorized dealer to ensure your warranty remains in place. For some people it is a good idea, for others it isn't. Just make sure if you are doing your services yourself (or at a non-Yamaha shop) you keep good records of what was done and that it was done. That way if there is an issue later on you have your records in order.

Thanks for the feedback. I can change the oil myself but wondering how I can record it. Other than the receipt of the oil I purchase, how do I prove that the oil was changed at the required interval? Photos perhaps?

Thanks for the feedback. I can change the oil myself but wondering how I can record it. Other than the receipt of the oil I purchase, how do I prove that the oil was changed at the required interval? Photos perhaps?
The receipt for the oil and filter and a note written by yourself (Bought xx brand/type oil, xx brand oil filter, changed on xx day/month/year at ODO km's xxxx, don't type it, write it, if possible use different paper and pens for each service you do yourself). A date/time stamped photo of the old oil draining into a drain pan and a photo of the dash cluster showing ODO KM's would be good too.

A home-made work order will be fine. Make sure it has the date, VIN, mileage and the receipts for parts used. Outline the work that was completed and by who. This is more information than I have seen on some professionally made work orders. The photo records are overkill, no shop does this and our records are valid...

As a side note: Not that it has ever previously been an issue, but the motorcycle trade is restricted in Ontario and by the letter of the regulations no one is supposed to work on bike unless they are a licensed journeyman or supervised apprentice. The rules are unenforceable in my opinion, but it doesn't stop them from writing them down. The only chance these rules might affect you is: if something catastrophic does happen, there might be grounds to deny a claim as the person completing the work wasn't "qualified" to do it.

My personal opinion is that everyone should know how to change their own oil and complete basic maintenance items, but I understand there are a variety of reasons for the rules to be in place. Some silly, some valid.

A home-made work order will be fine. Make sure it has the date, VIN, mileage and the receipts for parts used. Outline the work that was completed and by who. This is more information than I have seen on some professionally made work orders. The photo records are overkill, no shop does this and our records are valid...

As a side note: Not that it has ever previously been an issue, but the motorcycle trade is restricted in Ontario and by the letter of the regulations no one is supposed to work on bike unless they are a licensed journeyman or supervised apprentice. The rules are unenforceable in my opinion, but it doesn't stop them from writing them down. The only chance these rules might affect you is: if something catastrophic does happen, there might be grounds to deny a claim as the person completing the work wasn't "qualified" to do it.

My personal opinion is that everyone should know how to change their own oil and complete basic maintenance items, but I understand there are a variety of reasons for the rules to be in place. Some silly, some valid.

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom