Where do you buy your parts? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you buy your parts?

I enjoy working on my bike as much as the next guy, but there is no Internet Mechanic and Service Manual combination that is going to give me the confidence to service my own forks. You?

Personally though, I would prefer to buy things from local entrepreneur's of small fortitude, followed by the Internet, followed by local dealerships. I don't know why people are bent on dealerships... no thanks.

At the same time the local shop must admit they cant compete with online parts store (heck even big chain brick and mortal stores cant, its a completely different model) , and focus on something else. Dont call customers who buy parts online names. The one who do this right will always have my business.

At the same time the local shop must admit they cant compete with online parts store (heck even big chain brick and mortal stores cant, its a completely different model) , and focus on something else. Dont call customers who buy parts online names. The one who do this right will always have my business.

Well I personally consider my local shop to be Bluestreak Racing. They do compete with prices quite well, being Canadian and offering free shipping. Not to mention I would rather go talk to Tony than sit at home on the computer listening to my wife. That's worth more than a MasterCard. Priceless.

Well I personally consider my local shop to be Bluestreak Racing. They do compete with prices quite well, being Canadian and offering free shipping. Not to mention I would rather go talk to Tony than sit at home on the computer listening to my wife. That's worth more than a MasterCard. Priceless.

I cant disagree with this. I do prefer to pay abit more for better service. Hence its the free market. Just not 2x or 3 x times more. I personally shop oil filters and gears from Amazon.

I will be Bluestreak Racing customers very soon since i'm gonna be tracking this season. Their prices are good

PS. i already buy Speedworx's gear. I will use their service for my bike too so in a sense i'm supporting local shops. But i dont agree thats my intention. Its purely about free market. Good price and service will have me as customer.

Last edited:
That's true. Some things may be very complicated or require special expensive tools I don't have.

However, there will never be a time when I won't be able to find a mechanic to work on the bike. People will find a way to provide a service and profit from it if there's demand. It may not be something operating under the current business model, but there will always be something.

I enjoy working on my bike as much as the next guy, but there is no Internet Mechanic and Service Manual combination that is going to give me the confidence to service my own forks. You?

Personally though, I would prefer to buy things from local entrepreneur's of small fortitude, followed by the Internet, followed by local dealerships. I don't know why people are bent on dealerships... no thanks.

You know what I hate? When I have to service something & can't get an appointment for over 2 weeks. In that time I could learn to do it plus have it done. Not only that, I have to leave my bike there & find some other means of transportation home. Then when I have to pick up my bike, rinse & repeat

I don't have close to 1k, it's actually close to 2 but half got deleted during GTAMs big purge, I am not the one saying I have no time, I am good at multitasking. That's it gents, I'm out. Enjoy your stay

Last edited:
I cant disagree with this. I do prefer to pay abit more for better service. Hence its the free market. Just not 2x or 3 x times more. I personally shop oil filters and gears from Amazon.

I will be Bluestreak Racing customers very soon since i'm gonna be tracking this season. Their prices are good

PS. i already buy Speedworx's gear. I will use their service for my bike too so in a sense i'm supporting local shops. But i dont agree thats my intention. Its purely about free market. Good price and service will have me as customer.

So your going to start riding at the track? That's awesome and lots of fun! There's one thing I'm going guarantee you and that's your going to need one stupid small part to make your track day. It may not happen the first day or the third day but it will happen. After spending $xxx's to book your day going to do anything to make sure you get there and that's when you'll thank you're local shop owner.

PS freakyguy, being sponsord doesn't mean your local shop gives you free stuff or even a deal.

Back
Top Bottom