Where do you buy your parts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do you buy your parts?

Venom01

I've always known where to buy parts for older bikes, but what's gtam's favorite store/website for parts and accessories for newer bikes? I want to get some stuff for my new FZ like a puig touring windscreen and some frame sliders and what not.

Snow City for OEM, any random online store/ebay that has what I need for aftermarket

What about OEM stuff, like brake pads? Some guys said dealer, is that because of price or manufacturer quality? My oil & filter I just grabbed from CT.

What about OEM stuff, like brake pads? Some guys said dealer, is that because of price or manufacturer quality? My oil & filter I just grabbed from CT.

Canadian Tire doesn't stock my filter, nor will the order it in for me, but I pretty much always get my oil from them.

I've gotten a few things from A Vicious Cycle, now twistedthrottle.ca. For stuff like sprockets, chains, brake pads, rotors, etc., dealers aren't necessarily more expensive; they're all ordering from the same catalogues anyway (Parts Canada, Kimpex, etc)

For other bits and pieces, especially replacement pieces that are cosmetic, ebay has been the best.

My local bike shop!

I don't understand why people can't support their local shops. I've said it over and over, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOPS BEFORE THERE AREN'T ANY LEFT!

My local bike shop!

I don't understand why people can't support their local shops. I've said it over and over, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOPS BEFORE THERE AREN'T ANY LEFT!

Not a lot of choice around here... My local dealer, Serpa Motorrad, is gone. That leaves Suzuki of Newmarket... need I say more?

Why do you think there aren't many choices? and there will be even less soon if people don't buy local (when possible)

Anyone know any place that has wheel stands and spools for a good price? I was looking at the one by ignition at Canadian Tire for $120.00

Who uses OEM brake pads??

Is that bad? Serious question. Or what do you recommend / suggest?
And I should clarify, I was looking for local shops. I still like going to brick and mortar. Will probably see if Daytona can get them for me.

My local bike shop!

Why? I can get much cheaper parts elsewhere, why should I shop in a local brick and mortar store and pay 3x the price on an oil filter? I'm genuinely curious.

Why do you think there aren't many choices? and there will be even less soon if people don't buy local (when possible)

I went to Suzuki of Newmarket on the weekend, went upstairs to their apparel and accessories section... I've seen garage sales that are more organized, and with newer stuff. Most of the stock looked like it had been sitting there for 10+ years, stuff in piles on the ground, no variety of sizes. Everything seemed to be mismatched, and just kind of thrown in there.

On the other hand, if I lived closer to a place like GP Bikes, my bank account would shrink very quickly!

Why? I can get much cheaper parts elsewhere, why should I shop in a local brick and mortar store and pay 3x the price on an oil filter? I'm genuinely curious.

You get oil filters for $4 after tax? I'd like to know your source. I pay $12 for oem filters from the dealership as joe blow walking in and asking for one.

Are you a newer rider? I'm genuinely curious.

You get oil filters for $4 after tax? I'd like to know your source. I pay $12 for oem filters from the dealership as joe blow walking in and asking for one.

Are you a newer rider? I'm genuinely curious.

I get oil filters for less than $5 including tax from CanadaMotorcycle.
A year back I got a Honda filter + washer + gasket for $30 from a brick and mortar in Vancouver. Another time I needed a single 12mm crush washer, I don't remember the exact price from a local-ish Toronto dealer but it was well over a dollar. CanadaMotorcycle has a box of 10 for $5.35. Big difference in price, considering I had to also spend gas money to get to the brick and mortar store in the first place. I simply don't see the benefit I get from buying in a local brick and mortar store apart from it being a bit faster since I get the item right away after paying for it instead of waiting for shipping, but only if I'm already at the store.

I understand gear since it's nice to try things on before buying them, or if it's on some crazy sale, but local for everything? It's far more convenient for me to find a part online and order it, then have it shipped to my door.

Back to the question, can you explain the reason behind shopping exclusively at a local shop?

This is my second year riding in Canada.

I get oil filters for less than $5 including tax from CanadaMotorcycle.
A year back I got a Honda filter + washer + gasket for $30 from a brick and mortar in Vancouver. Another time I needed a single 12mm crush washer, I don't remember the exact price from a local-ish Toronto dealer but it was well over a dollar. CanadaMotorcycle has a box of 10 for $5.35. Big difference in price, considering I had to also spend gas money to get to the brick and mortar store in the first place. I simply don't see the benefit I get from buying in a local brick and mortar store apart from it being a bit faster since I get the item right away after paying for it instead of waiting for shipping, but only if I'm already at the store.

I understand gear since it's nice to try things on before buying them, or if it's on some crazy sale, but local for everything? It's far more convenient for me to find a part online and order it, then have it shipped to my door.

Back to the question, can you explain the reason behind shopping exclusively at a local shop?

This is my second year riding in Canada.

And there we have it...

So if you REALLY needed that crush washer today where would you go? Online? Your not getting it for a few days, too bad your bikes parked this long weekend. There used to be plenty of shops around that you could purchase parts from but they're becoming more rare now that everyone buys parts online to save a few dollars.

The filters your buying, are they oem spin on filters? I highly doubt it.

I support local business so that there IS local businesses. When I need somthing today I have the option of going down to a local shop and buying what I need, not waiting 3+ days and then getting dinged for shipping/duty/handling charges and in the end saving $1.38.

More and more new riders just seem to want things for as cheap as possible and only care about saving a dollar or two. I see it all the time when I'm in the shop and it makes me sick when I hear "well can you do any better on that price because it's $7 cheaper online".

Keep saving your pennies and soon the only place to get anything will be the Internet and in the event you need a part in an emergency I'm sure eBay will come to your rescue. I'll continue to support local buisness as much as I possibly can because an extra few dollars isn't worth giving up the convenience of getting parts when I need them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom