Fishtailing on it's own to a small degree | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fishtailing on it's own to a small degree

Massdrop is your friend then. Btw why would you use mechanical keyboards with fancy cherries for gtam posts? Noone would give you hard time for typos.
I got it from Massdrop :)

Once you go mechanical you just can't go back. So fast, so smooth. Makes me want to throw up when I type on other peoples keyboards.

I got it from Massdrop :)

Once you go mechanical you just can't go back. So fast, so smooth. Makes me want to throw up when I type on other peoples keyboards.

LoL ....i use snapdragon for trolling on GTAM. True story.

Thought I'd update to help anyone else who experience similar issues with their bike.

Going back and forth with friends etc, most people said it was in my head. I took it over to Ted at Rosey Toes but he said the ****'s probably inside my head but to leave the bike for a few days and he'll call me - his few days are usually 2 weeks so I skipped his offer. Two days later I decided to go out for a ride and I noticed the issue was gone, no more fishtailing, so I was convinced it was indeed in my head.

Fast forward to recent days...

I noticed my bike has to lean to the left in order to drive straight. When I made the bike completely perpendicular to the floor it would then veer to the right. It was when I when I went to 70-80km/hr when the bike suddenly veered off and slanted down to the left. I immediately slowed down and pulled over. Did a walk around and everything visually seemed fine. Since I was only 5 min from home I got back on slowly took it home - it's fine in slow speeds.

I googled relentlessly and couldn't find anything on bike leaning to the left while riding straight. So yesterday I figured I'd go back on and double check what exactly it is or if it still existed. I sped from one light to another like I always do in front of my home and noticed it was fine during the ride... However!!! when I tried to slow down (very normal mind you, not aiming for a skid or anything) from afar before the light it skid big time. I let go of the brakes and lightly tapped front and back again and again it skid by the slightest touch of the brakes. While skidding, every time I so much as touched the brakes the bike studerred/vibrated big time and was making loud clunking sounds. Third time again I let go of the brakes and slightly touched the brakes again to not stop suddenly but to gradually slow down and same again - clunking loud noise while shaking and skidding to a stop about 10 feet past the light.

Called buddy from here who was recommended, Frekeguy. He's picking it up this evening so I will post the results once he has a look.

The bike pulling to the left can be from a strong wind, road that is not even, you not sitting right on the center of the seat, or your wheels might be out of alignment...

My guess is frozen brake slider pin.

I wonder if he ever checked his tire pressure :)

Pulling to one side when going straight might be the forks aren't straight in the triples. Ever dropped it?

I ruled out the wind, and tire pressure, and no it's never been dropped to a point it would be a cause for alarm (dropped when learning to make a U-turn at super low speed when I first sat on it - was too used to a ninja 250 lol). It didn't cause any visible scratches or damage. But again, you never know if it caused any internal damage or bent rotors or whatever. Will have to wait and see 'til he pulls it apart tomorrow.

It can be guessed what cause the rapid vibrations and clunking noise and possible reasons for tilting to the left, but why it would skid at the mere touch of the brakes is a damn mystery lol

It can be guessed what cause the rapid vibrations and clunking noise and possible reasons for tilting to the left, but why it would skid at the mere touch of the brakes is a damn mystery lol

That could be a sign of a wonky master cylinder (possibly even just overfilled)

Is this a low-mileage GSXR750?
I mean, tell me it doesn't have the original tires from 2002 on it...
Anyway, Frekeyguy will measure it all up.
Your forks could be tweaked or your rear wheel could be misaligned. Or worse.
Get 'er done! Maintenance is a priority - tires, suspension, brakes, chassis - they've all gotta be perfect.
Yeah, one should always update the thread with the solutions (for whoever might be reading) so, that's good to see.
Frekeyguy will take some money off you, but you'll be happy - and safe!

Cylinder issues is certainly possible.

I think the it had 22 or 25K on it last I checked the clicks. Rear tire was brand new installed in May. Front tire is in "okay" condition, but looking to change soon.
He seemed like a very upstanding and genuine guy so I'm sure my bike is in good hands, thanks.

Here's the Update:

Finally took it for a ride these past 2 days, albeit short rides but I just had to get back on and check it out. Had parked it once it was dropped off after service. My baby girl was admitted to the hospital and as such my bike became the least of my worries and priorities.

Had Frekeguy pick it up, service it, and drop it back off. Replaced front tire, rotors, front and rear brake pads, replaced fluid, and brake service wit flush.

It rode much better and was very pleased with what the bro did for me and the bike! I was especially happy that he thought I had an exceptionally clean bike :)

What sucks about all this? Now I want to sell and get a BMW S1000rr lol

Thanks to all bros here for their thoughts and especially thanks for referring Frekeguy

Back
Top Bottom