May Long Weekend - get out there... | GTAMotorcycle.com

May Long Weekend - get out there...

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Very nice up at the Forks - lots of riders about. I actually dressed too warm

Bit a shakedown for the SENA 20 - phone works well, GPS whispers in my ear and music is fine,
Really like using my own earphones. Only issue is a noisy alert - likely somewhere I can turn it down.

Figure I'll spend the day wandering get used to being on the right side of the road....momentary panic at times. :rolleyes:

Nah I got some housework & trying to procrastinate

Just fab day and I'm way over dressed - luckily have much storage.
There is flying at York Soaring for the weekend if someone wants a demo tho not ideal conditions. Still worth a drop in.

Sena very nice tho a few missteps....easier with no gloves.

Careful with the 20S. I have one as well but apparently some cops are handing out tickets for cameras and other stuff attached to helmet due to an antiquated law.

油井緋色;2306446 said:
Careful with the 20S. I have one as well but apparently some cops are handing out tickets for cameras and other stuff attached to helmet due to an antiquated law.

What? there is a law against onboard camera?

It's against helmet modifications. Wish we could strike it down

saw something on instagram rider had his helmet confiscated or something plus maybe a fine because it had a clown face and hair attached :rolleyes:

I believe it was in Durham

saw something on instagram rider had his helmet confiscated or something plus maybe a fine because it had a clown face and hair attached :rolleyes:

So its confirmed cops dont care about rider's safety. Its all about cash grabbing.

I guess i will get tickets for my mohawk....

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
....momentary panic at times.

Jericho
That must be awkward at times eh? lol..

Yeah - worse in Aus for me - left and right turns have seen me in the wrong lane when there is an island
If there is another vehicle around its easier...but even today - had to stop and think which lane to be in on a left.

Yum - Lake Erie perch at Knechtel's in Dover..
Cooler down here but still very nice...gonna loop to Port Colborne Fort Erie Niagara Falls and slab home.
Pretend I'm in the Rockies next month :D

Still trying gear combos - need more tunes tho.

Well I hope no one was on the QEW from Stoney Creek to Niagara - bloody parking lot the entire way.
WHere the hell were they going.....
Nada coming back to TO.

Long loop in time if not distance....felt okay - bike behaved well...slab at speed was quiet with ear plugs in ....very relaxing.

油井緋色;2306446 said:

I don't think that many care unless you piss them off some other way first (eg. speeding). Although I don't always ride with my Drift HD Ghost mounted, my Sena SMH10 is always on the helmet, and I've never had any issues in the past 3-4 years, and that includes 1 pull over and multiple ride checks. Hoping it continues, as I'm not taking the Sena off my helmet.

Finally got out for my first big ride today too, felt good! I also overdressed, sweated my *** off.

Was nasty along the QEW coming back from Niagara.
Lovely and warm along the parkway and in traffic so I lost a couple of layers
Had to stop on the QEW and layer back up ....wind off Lake Ontario was very chilly.

I was sweating as well and found if I opened the cuffs on the Scott jacket and undid the front zip I got a good air flow.
I''m a tad concerned about the Scott being too warm for our BC trip but then it's likely to be cold in the mountains and if we do the Vancouver Island jaunt and the Inside Passage Ferry to Port Rupert then across the Cassiar.

BC is home.! It's a bit out of the way for you probably but if you end up on Cortes Island let me know, I know the Marina managers.

No way. Thats a pretty rare combo. I met him a month ago or so at L&L. Can you post pics/screen shots of instagram? I've heard about the cameras on helmet law, how far does this go? I've been planning on getting a headset, I'd love a camera, but don't need to get in $|-|!+.. i feel like this has been excessively discussed here already.
To keep the thread on topic as well. I was dieing to ride this weekend and maybe was out 2.5hrs in total. 2 of which give or take was on new Ducati's at the Demo and half hour on a Can am. Good times, not enough though, spent the rest of the time with family and wrenching on my bike.

So its confirmed cops dont care about rider's safety. Its all about cash grabbing.

I guess i will get tickets for my mohawk....

You should. Those things look stupid. If I was a cop I'd ticket every mohawk wearer out there.

You should. Those things look stupid. If I was a cop I'd ticket every mohawk wearer out there.

Thanks god you dont have any authority for ****.
Sadly tho there are tons of dipshits in police force that are on power trip...

Fyi, i dont have mohawk helmet but that was my point.... Giving tickets because the cops dont like how it look. What next? Giving ticket because i hate motogp racer wannabe in full race suit?

Thanks god you dont have any authority for ****. Sadly tho there are tons of dipshits in police force that are on power trip...Fyi, i dont have mohawk helmet but that was my point.... Giving tickets because the cops dont like how it look. What next? Giving ticket because i hate motogp racer wannabe in full race suit?
Race suits should be mandatory for all sport bike riders as well as gopros facing all directions.

Back
Top Bottom