Buying a vintage low cc motorcycle for my first bike as a beginner | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a vintage low cc motorcycle for my first bike as a beginner

Re: Buying a low cc bike for first ride as a beginner

I started out on a vintage bike,, actually two. I do t recommend it.. Chances are you are going to do more tinkering then riding.. If I had to do it all over.. I would start off on a work horse that can take a beating and her riding hours in... Then get the vintage

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

yeah i had a short discussion with some folk at town moto in toronto, and they recommended not going vintage for a first bike too, especially since i literally know nothing about fixing the mechanics on a bike (at least not yet!).

still mixed with the suzuki tu250 vs wolf. the wolf i like the LOOKS of it a lot more. its smaller and super light which would be great and i can hopefully fit it in my 1 car garage with my car.

suzuki has the name and extra beef and is an 'ok' looking bike.

Re: Buying a low cc bike for first ride as a beginner

anyone have thoughts on a 1971 yamaha r5 as a first bike?

004-1024x768.jpg

Unfortunately I'm just not into that style of bike.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

May I suggest that you not look at low-powered bikes, because you'll find that you can get the "feel" of pretty well any motorcycle within half an hour - and you'll quickly tire of the limitations of underpowered machines. Instead, focus on easy handling, light weight and simplicity. A Suzuki 650 single (earlier known as a Savage, now called a Boulevard S40) is a good compromise, very comfortable, reliable, decent acceleration, a pleasing thump, easy to work on and easy to push when you run out of gas. Vintage machines are fun, but best for those who have a lot of time to tinker.

Back
Top Bottom