10 best used dual-sport bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

10 best used dual-sport bikes

sharkmotorcycle

Here are the list of 10 Best rated Dual Sport Bikes.

http://dirtbikemagazine.com/home-features/10-best-used-dual-sport-bikes

KTM-530exc.jpg

Just bought one of these TE 511's made by BMW. KTM just bought Husqrvana from BMW. Better to buy the competition than compete with BMW. I guess this is their strategy. If I'm KTM I wouldn't want to compete with BMW. BMW never got to work the kinks out of the TE, but the race teams on Cafe Husky did. Three simple mods to this bike turns it into a KTM eating monster! If you can get your hands on one, do so! Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Odd that the Suzuki DR650 and Kawi KLR650 are not that list, as they are widely recognized as standards in that market...

They are adventure bikes and the article correctly splits the two.
All those in the article are fine on single track.

The heavier adventure bikes struggle on the kind of stuff my buds in Australia ride in.

It's hard to walk where these guys ride

i-Lm4fhPc-M.jpg

Thats a proper dual sport in my view.
No way I take the KLR through this

i-RmcfPQc-M.jpg

there is a reason for the trail name.

FgfkpeGl.jpg

The DR is the closer of the two to be single track capable and the KLR certainly has been taken in wild and woolie places over the decades.
But it's heavy.

Kenno was cursing his nephews DR on one ride he nursemaided me on.

In Ontario they really killed some of the off road dual sport choices by not allowing conversions. There is a huge choice of rides in Aus - many would not be street legal here but are in Aus.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the choices in the article as they are actual dual sports in my mind.
That's also a perspective over time....

DR350S-copy.jpg

This DR350 was 1991 and certainly the DR400 remains popular from both Yammie and Kawasaki ( same bike - swappable parts )>YZ400 and DRZ400 I think.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom