anyone have any experience with Peninsula Imports Ducati? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone have any experience with Peninsula Imports Ducati?

So what happened optionfa? Did you get the SP?

I keep eyeing it on Kijiji and am tempted myself!

After riding another 2015 hyper and than the 848 SF I decided to get a 2014 SF848 from gp bikes

I found the power delivery on the 848 better, and I way prefer the hydrolic clutch that's one thing I hated on the hyper seems Ducati doesn't make very good cable clutches.

Peninsula definitely arnt bike guys but the tech guys in the back seem good, also if your financing they offer car rates 4.5% unlike most bike shops at 6.5%.. I was not financing so didn't make sense to go with them at all, they really need to get some better bike sales people being one of three Ducati dealers around they could sell more bikes I would think.

Peninsula's prices are out of whack with the market on every single bike they sell. I would not purchase a screw from them.

It's the Oakville attitude.

Just look at the brand of dealerships in the area, Porsche, Italian makes galore.

Dealers just are used to getting what they ask cuz the reisdents have lots of $ to spend. Oakville Honda was the dealer to avoid if you wanted a good deal and good service yet they could not keep enough inventory.

I worked for the Town of Oakville for 25 yrs in senior mgmt. The expectations of the residents and Town Council was unbelievable and it carried right into the local businesses.

After riding another 2015 hyper and than the 848 SF I decided to get a 2014 SF848 from gp bikes

I found the power delivery on the 848 better, and I way prefer the hydrolic clutch that's one thing I hated on the hyper seems Ducati doesn't make very good cable clutches.

Peninsula definitely arnt bike guys but the tech guys in the back seem good, also if your financing they offer car rates 4.5% unlike most bike shops at 6.5%.. I was not financing so didn't make sense to go with them at all, they really need to get some better bike sales people being one of three Ducati dealers around they could sell more bikes I would think.

Congrats on the new bike, sound nice. :p

Just wondering what you mean by them not being "bike guys", I mean they've been selling Ducatis for 11 years at least while other bigger, multi-brand, more popular, more established shops went boobiees up, and what is was specifically that let's you know when you are dealing with a "bike guy"?

I may try selling motorcycles to supplement my income when I retire, so I'm just wondering.

My hyper 1100 was originally from apex. And the guy I bought it from said its a good place.. I have not heard much about peninsula

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

Congrats on the new bike, sound nice. :p

Just wondering what you mean by them not being "bike guys", I mean they've been selling Ducatis for 11 years at least while other bigger, multi-brand, more popular, more established shops went boobiees up, and what is was specifically that let's you know when you are dealing with a "bike guy"?

I may try selling motorcycles to supplement my income when I retire, so I'm just wondering.

you can just tell when talking to the sales guy.. At least the one I talked to. When someone opens up the bike catalog and starts reading directly from it... talking to him was like reading directly off the Ducati Canada website, bikes have single sided swing arms.. Thanks... Italians make v twins.. Really?? You can tell in a second the guy has no personal interest in the bikes he is selling and defitely has never ridden one.

that being said their tech who took me on a test ride, stopped mid ride to do a wAlk around and give me a non salesmen opinion on the bike was awesome. I forgt his name but personally for me I want to buy a bike from someon who knows at least as much if not more about the brand than I do. i feel most people walking into a dealership asking about a specific model have probably done pretty extensive research and don't need to be read off the spec sheet..

you can just tell when talking to the sales guy.. At least the one I talked to. When someone opens up the bike catalog and starts reading directly from it... talking to him was like reading directly off the Ducati Canada website, bikes have single sided swing arms.. Thanks... Italians make v twins.. Really?? You can tell in a second the guy has no personal interest in the bikes he is selling and defitely has never ridden one.

that being said their tech who took me on a test ride, stopped mid ride to do a wAlk around and give me a non salesmen opinion on the bike was awesome. I forgt his name but personally for me I want to buy a bike from someon who knows at least as much if not more about the brand than I do. i feel most people walking into a dealership asking about a specific model have probably done pretty extensive research and don't need to be read off the spec sheet..

That was probably Craig or Graham. They certainly know their bikes. Awesome guys. I speak from experience.

Thanks for the feedback/comments.

I did sell cars for a little over 7 years, a very long time ago, and found that buyers of high end, performance models knew a lot about what they wanted to buy, and would "test" my knowledge about the model in question, or vehicles in general. I was always up on my product knowledge and could compare my product's strengths against the competition's.

Ducatis are considered high end performance bikes...in general, so I'd be surprised to hear whomever you spoke with could not converse with you at an enthusiast's level. But there comes a point in the conversation where talk of compression ratios and wheel bases, and steering angles etc. must take a back seat to negotiating a price, which is really the most important part of the conversation IMO. I'm the type of buyer who knows what he wants before stepping out his front door on the day he decides to buy, and in the end, I don't care too much about what the sales person knows, I've already got that covered. It's not only the price that concerns me, but the eagerness of the sales person to earn my business that I look for. If I'm not taken seriously, or not made to feel important, it doesn't matter if the sales person is the bike's engineer, I'll take my business to where I'm appreciated. :)

Thanks for the feedback/comments.

I did sell cars for a little over 7 years, a very long time ago, and found that buyers of high end, performance models knew a lot about what they wanted to buy, and would "test" my knowledge about the model in question, or vehicles in general. I was always up on my product knowledge and could compare my product's strengths against the competition's.

Ducatis are considered high end performance bikes...in general, so I'd be surprised to hear whomever you spoke with could not converse with you at an enthusiast's level. But there comes a point in the conversation where talk of compression ratios and wheel bases, and steering angles etc. must take a back seat to negotiating a price, which is really the most important part of the conversation IMO. I'm the type of buyer who knows what he wants before stepping out his front door on the day he decides to buy, and in the end, I don't care too much about what the sales person knows, I've already got that covered. It's not only the price that concerns me, but the eagerness of the sales person to earn my business that I look for. If I'm not taken seriously, or not made to feel important, it doesn't matter if the sales person is the bike's engineer, I'll take my business to where I'm appreciated. :)

Very well said.

I would have to agree that the older sales guy, Tony, has never swung his leg over a bike. I was there a few weeks ago and he was trying to tell me that the bikes now go 24,000 KMs between oil changes. I also find it strange that I bought a $20,000 brand new motorcycle from him a few years ago and drop by regularly and he still has no idea who I am. The service advisor, John, is useless as well. The guys that actually do the work are great and the only reason I would ever go near the place. I've only had the bike there for the 24,000 KM "desmo service" (valve check and belts) and dealt directly with Graham. I live 2 KMs from Peninsula so it's convenient but if I ever bought another Ducati it would be from GP or Apex because the sales guys at Peninsula are shady and don't understand their product.

Back
Top Bottom