NSR250R street legal? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

NSR250R street legal?

Yup those 2 strokers are terrible in traffic. You have basically no low end or mid end. In Thailand even the labour is so cheap, bikers still wouldnt touch these 2 strokers.

NSR250 was once the king of street now belongs to someones living room.

These bikes are meant to be ridden to be appreciated. The longer they sit, the more chance the crank could go off.
Lots of support and part out there on the www.

I have a couple Aprilia RS250s, as much fun as they are on the track, I think it would really suck as a street bike. Now granted mine are in track trim and run premix, oil injection is gone. I can see if you lived right next to a winding mountain road or some other utopian motorcycle road, but for anywhere in Southern Ontario I think a 250 two stoke would make a terrible street ride. I use to think that one day I might make one of mine street legal until I rode them. I can't imagine the pain it would be trying to use it daily in traffic. You just can't ride one they way they are meant to be ridden on the road.

I hate to burst anyone's dreams, I know I wanted an RS250 even though an SV650 would have been just as fast or faster and sooooooo much cheaper to run, but there is something about a two stroke race bike that just seems right...

What I've learned about two strokes (and just older bikes in general) are you need to have more than one, not to use it for primary transportation, and you need to be a bit handy (or at least willing to be).

My gamma is pre-mix only and that's part of the quirky fun.

Thankfully, I live by some nice B roads and I can properly run my street 2strokes.
Getting a corner just right on a 2stroke and then hearing the pipes come on song while chasing down some liter bikes on tighter tracks is great fun! Well worth the money, time & effort.

Can't wait to have the NSR up and running, then I'll have a proper 2 stroke with some proper rubber.

My RS125 is fine in traffic. I commute on it every day if it's not calling for thunderstorms. People in the city probably hate me since I need to rev it up above 6k just to get going and it's got a noise warning sticker right on the frame.

These bikes are meant to be ridden to be appreciated. The longer they sit, the more chance the crank could go off.
Lots of support and part out there on the www.

What I've learned about two strokes (and just older bikes in general) are you need to have more than one, not to use it for primary transportation, and you need to be a bit handy (or at least willing to be).

My gamma is pre-mix only and that's part of the quirky fun.

Thankfully, I live by some nice B roads and I can properly run my street 2strokes.
Getting a corner just right on a 2stroke and then hearing the pipes come on song while chasing down some liter bikes on tighter tracks is great fun! Well worth the money, time & effort.

Can't wait to have the NSR up and running, then I'll have a proper 2 stroke with some proper rubber.

I've put 12,000kms and it has 30,000kms total on my RS 250 and have had no problems at all!! I don't use my RS for commuting or in the city. I usually hit the rural roads when I do ride. I've also had the NSR 250 MC16 which had a coil problem which was very hard to find. Love my RS wouldn't part with it for now.

Last edited:
My RS125 is fine in traffic. I commute on it every day if it's not calling for thunderstorms. People in the city probably hate me since I need to rev it up above 6k just to get going and it's got a noise warning sticker right on the frame.

I hear you, my power band is between 7 and 12,000 rpm. but I got no noise sticker.

Back
Top Bottom