Upgrading from Ninja 250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Upgrading from Ninja 250

Zivo

Any suggestions? I'm looking towards and r6 or gsxr-600. Any input or experience would be appreciated!

The ninja is kinda slow and I don't like how high up the power band is.

I am sort of biased against SS bikes. The high insurance rates and lack of bottom end torque at typical road speeds are why. I would recommend looking at a Ninja 650 or FZ07 if you are looking for something with more pull in the lower revs. Or a GXR750 or 636 if you must have a SS.

Just my opinion...

Slow? More than enough to put you into HTA territory. R6 has a high powerband too.... check insurance first

Look at twins/triples IMO... FZ07/09, SV650, Ninja 650, Triumph street/speed triple.

Last edited:
Well with the nija being "kinda slow" then you have NO option go to a litre bike and be done with it...lol A freind of mine just picked up a 650R and it has plenty of pep to get you into trouble. Upright, (comfortable), riding position.

Have you even got insurance quotes yet?

Any suggestions? I'm looking towards and r6 or gsxr-600. Any input or experience would be appreciated!

The ninja is kinda slow and I don't like how high up the power band is.

Last edited:
OP...I went from a Ninja 250r to a Ninja 650r. The difference in the low end torque was noticeable. For me it wasnt as much of a reason of the 250r being "slow" as it was being more comfortable. I didnt have to shift as much , easier to get up to speed and pass on highways etc. The 650r has more than enough power for street use. I just put sport bars on the bike to help me improve on the seating angle and handleing... Anyway something to consider as others have said.

I went from a ninja 250 to a gsxr 750. If I didn't go for this bike I'd opt for the cbr 600rr (split seat). Only reason I didn't go with any 600 was they felt small for me when sat on. Think about what you're looking for in a bike and then narrow down your options.

I went from a ninja 250 to a gsxr 750. If I didn't go for this bike I'd opt for the cbr 600rr (split seat). Only reason I didn't go with any 600 was they felt small for me when sat on. Think about what you're looking for in a bike and then narrow down your options.

I thought the GSXR600 and 750 shared the same frame?

Personally, I think that bigger bikes aren't all that they're cracked up to be.

They're less fun to ride, and more suited to rides on the superslab when don't want to shift, just sit back and cruise at speed.

I wouldn't really call it an upgrade, and in some ways it's a major downgrade.

Get a tomahawk! lol

My opinion, you would be happy with any 600. SS or ST. I ahd an RZ350. First bike, leaner bike (srsly don't know how i didn't crash on that.... Nothing like a two smoke off the line! Not to mention th wheelies. I never tried to wheelie, it just did them when quick off the line, Low end tourqe!!!!!!) But when I got my first 600. It was pretty intense. Aceleration was a little slower off the line then the rz, but the highend was horrifying at first. LOL. Liter bikes seem pointless to me if you drive in the city (don't hate on me ) but its pretty much 1st gear until you get where ever your going. And price out insurance b4 you buy any bike!

be sure to let us know what you get

I didn't imply it was, but I was referring to the cbr 600. I got the 2002 gsxr 750 and they are larger than the gsxr 600 during that era, more closer to the gsxr 1k in size

I was riding my buddies 300 for a bit. Nothing to make a full season out of. This year I purchased a 2011 GSXR. One main reason I bought it was due to the A/B Driving modes it has. Something to look into if you're thinking of going for 600 or above.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about this fancy torque you're talking about...
The R6 would get you laid every weekend. The Gixxer would get you laid any day of the week, but there is a high chance that might wake up with some weird rash. Choose wisely.

Back
Top Bottom