Need work done on 2008 GSX-R 600 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need work done on 2008 GSX-R 600

mystifier

Site Supporter
Recently went down and bike having some issues now. Haven't rode around on it much but from what I noticed right away, bike in first gear will start moving even with the clutch pulled and without throttling at all.

Located at warden/st. clair.

fairing/frame slider broken as well (right side) but looking to fix technical issues first then cosmetic damage second.

Any people recommended on the forums to work on such bikes without having to take it into overpriced mechanics? Thanks in advance.

Durgy

I can do whatever you need.

Ken (kneedragger88) has done work on two of my bikes In the past..Fair guy. fair prices. I would recommend.

"If i was educated, I'd be a damn fool"

I have heard good things about Ken ^

My mechanic is at Markham/ Kingston Rd. Fair prices but you have to bring your own parts. PM me if you are interested and I will send you his cell #.

Thanks guys for the response.

Turned on the bike today, first time since the accident on Monday. Seems like I'm not having the same issue anymore of the bike wanting to drive in first gear (clutch in). So I'm happy about that. Haven't ridden since but from what I can tell, no other technical issues that I'm aware of yet.

I will need new fairings and frame slider.
Currently I have non-oem fairings (thats how I bought the bike).

Any places recommended to pick up fairings? thoughts on oem vs non-oem? I know oem can be quite costly. Any recommendation on frame sliders?
Again, I'll have to get someone to put everything on as I'm not technical, nor do I have the tools to do all this.

Thanks
Durgy

Any places recommended to pick up fairings?
http://gundamhost.com/auctmarts/sho...4_163&osCsid=c704ecf9f5d3047f6aaa9302b0695a68

thoughts on oem vs non-oem?
Non-OEM are more brittle than OEM and might not fit quite as nice. The clear coat might not be as flawless and the paint and decals of poorer quality (fades in the sun, clearcoat starts to peel at edges of decals, etc.). Use care when installing them not to break the tabs and stuff otherwise your bodywork will be held together by zip ties and faith.

You can install a complete bodywork set with just the toolkit that comes with your bike. If you don't have the factory toolkit you can order a replacement from china for $8 shipped.

Super cheap easy install no-cut frame sliders: http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/mt219-024.htm

There are much better frame sliders that you'll have to cut holes in your new bodywork for, but nothing touches that price.

Last edited:
Seems like I'm not having the same issue anymore of the bike wanting to drive in first gear (clutch in). So I'm happy about that. Haven't ridden since but from what I can tell, no other technical issues that I'm aware of yet.

You should still get it looked at. If it was working fine it wouldn't do that in the first place. A finicky clutch is probably worse than a busted one because you THINK it's working..you THINK you can stop, or downshift, etc. while at speed and you might end up doing a lot more damage

Back
Top Bottom