Drone photographer/videographer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Drone photographer/videographer

shahfaisal

Site Supporter
www.lily.camera

what do you guys think.. i know its kinda slow compared to the bikes.. but could this work for us?

it automatically follows us around.. takes awesome video from above.. last as long as most track sessions.

if the battery were interchangeable could it be used for track recordings?

any issues you guys can think of?

I like it .. but for track days forget it.

Max speed of 40 km/h makes it pretty much useless.

perhaps it can be programmed to restrict flight to a predetermined zone on track.. it does use a gps system to fly.. I've messaged the manufacturer with my questions..... as long as it has decent manual or digital zoom capability it shouldn't be an issue.

i.e: take cayuga for instance...may be it can be programmed not to follow you on the long stretch and instead to fly in a diamond pattern while keeping the camera focused on you.

my bigger concern would be its ability to detect the little remote at those speeds.

Last edited:
I'd imagine the biggest question would be who takes responsibility for it if it causes an issue on track.

If that thing were to be guided into the path of someone on track (whether intentionally or by error or malfunction), or if it were to malfunction and descend down onto the track, and someone on a motorcycle were to collide with it at high speed, I shudder to think of the consequences.

I do not think the slight foreseeable benefit (cool video) is worth the foreseeable risk (someone's head taken off by an impact).

No thanks.

If it malfunctioned or there was an operator error and a rider made contact with it there would be a big mess.

If that thing were to be guided into the path of someone on track (whether intentionally or by error or malfunction), or if it were to malfunction and descend down onto the track, and someone on a motorcycle were to collide with it at high speed, I shudder to think of the consequences.

I do not think the slight foreseeable benefit (cool video) is worth the foreseeable risk (someone's head taken off by an impact).

No thanks.
Alright that could be a problem... got excited for nothing

Airdog is another company working on a similar product with a 40mph speed and tracking range of 1000feet, you can preorder that for a low price of US$1200. I can definitely see issues with using it at a track though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This +1000

I like pictures and video but not when it may cause ******** on track

Could be very useful for non-track/street riding videos though. I'd say using that is no more risky than having someone texting cross in to you lane.

Please post what the manufacture says in regards to your questions!

Mosport has a no-drone on ground policy.

Really? Dammit! I have a friend who was going to be doing one of the VRRA races there, and I was hoping to use mine to film from the infield. That sucks if you aren't allowed, but I guess it is due to idiots who can't keep themselves from flying over the actual track when there are bikes nearby.

Really? Dammit! I have a friend who was going to be doing one of the VRRA races there, and I was hoping to use mine to film from the infield. That sucks if you aren't allowed, but I guess it is due to idiots who can't keep themselves from flying over the actual track when there are bikes nearby.
Lily is autonomous.. flies herself.

Lily is autonomous.. flies herself.
usually when battery dies though, they don't have the ability to levitate yet.

i can see how track organizers could have drones setup in static places say on the side of the track/off tarmac where they can't harm the track users (or hire a company to provide the service and assume liability if something happens)

Back
Top Bottom