Do you have shims for a Honda VFR? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you have shims for a Honda VFR?

Lickety-Split

So, my bike is in the shop for the big VFR valve job and no one in the Honda inventory system in the country has one of the 4 shims that my bike needs. Any chance that someone here happens to have a 2.93 (or was it 0.293?) shim for a 2006 VFR800?? I really know nothing about the specifics other than the shop has tried everyone in the Honda system and no shim in Canada to be found.

I know its a long shot, but hey if I don't have to wait 2-3 weeks for a "rush" shipment from Honda Japan I would be happy.

George ;o)

Look at US online retailers. When I needed a gas tank for my Yamaha, there was none in Canada. I looked online in the US one place said they had in stock. I called they didn't. BUT they could get it delivered to my dealership in TWO weeks. Meanwhile Yamaha Canada told me they had to get it from Japan and it was 6 WEEKS. I pointed out an online retailer from the US was guaranteeing me two week delivery. I called Yamaha Canada, after much "discussion", they said they had found one at Yamaha USA. They were ordering it and it would be at dealer in two weeks. I said I could walk to GA, pick it up and walk tomy dealer in less time...lol I reminded them there was overnight express from BOTH Japan and the US..lol That was Friday morning the dealership had the tank on Tuesday.

So, my bike is in the shop for the big VFR valve job and no one in the Honda inventory system in the country has one of the 4 shims that my bike needs. Any chance that someone here happens to have a 2.93 (or was it 0.293?) shim for a 2006 VFR800?? I really know nothing about the specifics other than the shop has tried everyone in the Honda system and no shim in Canada to be found.

I know its a long shot, but hey if I don't have to wait 2-3 weeks for a "rush" shipment from Honda Japan I would be happy.

George ;o)

Off topic a bit , but if i may ask , how much is the shop charging you for valve adjustment on a vfr ? I heard they're a pain to do valve work on.

dz1990 - the book rate is 6 hours I think they said + parts
From everything I've heard it is a real PIA job to do. Looking about $700 when all is said & done, including diagnostics.

Not cheap, but I've done nothing but oil changes for 7 years and the bike really takes a beating. Cold starts, 5 minute rips through the city, etc. Has 28k of mostly city kms on it.

Back
Top Bottom