RACE Round 1 - May 16-17 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE Round 1 - May 16-17

OK folks, don't let lack of brake guard stop you.. you can get a weekend exemption (once) or you can get yourself a brake guard from the Max Mercier fund. I opted for option #2 and will just give back into the fund so as not to take from it, don't need that fund carrying water for my tardiness.

So unless something happens that's unknown tonight during pack-up I will be there sometime shortly after 7am ... no practice and haven't done Pro track for years, but there's no time to whine about it.

RACE doesn't enforce the use of shark fins as of yet.

Have fun and good luck to all racers!!! Maybe see you Sunday.

Do they still not this year? I thought that SOAR enforces it and aren't the rules the same this year? Or just the classes?

OK folks, don't let lack of brake guard stop you.. you can get a weekend exemption (once) or you can get yourself a brake guard from the Max Mercier fund. I opted for option #2 and will just give back into the fund so as not to take from it, don't need that fund carrying water for my tardiness.

So unless something happens that's unknown tonight during pack-up I will be there sometime shortly after 7am ... no practice and haven't done Pro track for years, but there's no time to whine about it.

I see from my laps.com you actually managed to get out and race this weekend. Best of luck to you .

I see from my laps.com you actually managed to get out and race this weekend. Best of luck to you .
What are those numbers listed after everyone's names?? Just curious

What time are the races tomorrow? May ride out with a friend and check it out.

Not racing this weekend Dricked?

I've got a wedding tonight. I could have possibly made the drive there and back but it's too much hassle. I'm going to try the surprise show up on Sunday routine and start from the back. It'll be my test day and hopefully my bike cooperates this time.

For those interested, that's http://www.mylaps.com/en/events

Results go up really fast, I've been tracking the classes already this weekend, cheering everyone on from the cottage!

Dave, you're sandbagging it!

Have a great weekend everyone.

I am bushed. I was just too rushed and too tired today to put in great lap times, but I did cut some 1:12s and I'm certain tomorrow I'll do better with fresh brake pads and fluid. I didn't get a clear lap with qualifying and the pads turned to cheese about 4 laps in, trying to make my way around a guy who was fast everywhere BUT the corner I didn't want to pass in (2, naturally).

It was my first day back at the track this year, so I started out sloooow and my body is complaining loudly about being made to assume new shapes. But yeah, I made it and there's a story that goes with my one race ... lol Maybe I'll tell it once I get showered and rested for a bit. Tomorrow's a new day.

Motor in the bike is as tired as I am. :/

Last edited:
1:12 was my best lap on Pro, but it was my first race there ever and my first time in Pro configuration so I will excuse myself :) Sure will be better next time.

Really like Shannonville

Back
Top Bottom