Replacement for Garmin 2720? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Replacement for Garmin 2720?

Windows Phone!?!?!? Get out of here you dinosaur.

:lmao:

Joking.. ;)

I have a newish S4, but I'm so used to this phone. Ease of use, reliable...but most importantly, if I break / lose it, $150 gets me a brand new one!

For $500 I would go with a Zumo 660. Great device, waterproof, glove friend, can play your music, lifetime maps, route everything in basecamp with maps loaded on your computer, comes with all the mounting you need for car and motorcycle as well as wiring. When I bought the Zumo 660 and before that my Zumo 550, it was in the $900 range.

Update: So the speedo app did confirm what you guys said...app said 87km/h speedo was close to 100! Will now keep gps or phone mounted. Especially for my m2x.
Some people have mentioned the RAM mount. We have a similar set up at work on our forklifts for our rf scanners. I find that they need adjustment every few hours. Does anyone have this issue with the bike?

Zumo 660 is looking like a deal when you consider everything it comes with. Plus the 1% m/c rebate & the 2% executive membership rebate from Costco

A GPS for $500 isn't a deal in my books. It doesn't suit my needs any better than the 2720 does.

A GPS for $500 isn't a deal in my books. It doesn't suit my needs any better than the 2720 does.

Just saying if you need one, and you need mounts. I have an ancient Magellan that I will use till it dies or falls off.

Joe NO issues with a RAM mount on a bike. I have three on my bike, One for GPS, one front mounted for GoPro and one rear facing for WASP camera. You have to ensure when you mount them, you hand tighten them as much as possible early in the season I saw the Gopro video was vibrating terribly. Then realized I hadn't cranked down on the ram mount, all good now.

I was at Radio world yesterday, (for those who don't have a costco account) the Zumo 660 is "on sale" for $549

Update: So the speedo app did confirm what you guys said...app said 87km/h speedo was close to 100! Will now keep gps or phone mounted. Especially for my m2x.
Some people have mentioned the RAM mount. We have a similar set up at work on our forklifts for our rf scanners. I find that they need adjustment every few hours. Does anyone have this issue with the bike?

Is that "Here maps" that you're using?

Edit: Sorry, read further in the thread. Everyone seems to be saying Here.

Yes, it is Here maps. When I bought the phone it was still under the name Nokia maps and was the default maps.
Just love that app, I used it in other countries too and didn't need internet to get the map working :)

If you don't have a Costco account, you can pm me. We can work something out, if needed.

Hedo, I think it is just that the scanners are heavy. Kid at work just got a Honda 250 dual sport/ enduro. Brought it today for the first time. Noticed that the mirrors are mounted with RAM mounts. Will investigate this option further. Thanks.

GixxerL2, Did not realize Here worked offline, definitely a bonus. Thanks for the tip.

I was always in the "don't spend a lot on GPS" camp....until I got my Montana 600. I love the unit. Sunlight readable, weatherproof, adaptable to hiking etc etc, customizable to more or less whatever you like, can control my Virb camera from it, communicates with a temperature sensor to show the temp (on whatever screen I want too), can add tire pressure sensors if need be. Yes it was pricey and the added maps added more cost but once they are bought I don't need to get any more. Going to do some geocaching this summer with it I think and get the backroads ontario maps.

GixxerL2, Did not realize Here worked offline, definitely a bonus. Thanks for the tip.

Yes both Here Maps and Here Drive work offline/online. You are welcome Joe :)

A lot of people never heard Here maps since it's commonly used in business. I believe Daimler and BMW use this maps and now Uber is offering $3 billion to buy this from Nokia.

Any modern Android phone (< $200 for BNIB)
A decent waterproof case
Offline maps like here, NavFree or offline googlemaps

Traveled the world with it and no issues.

Yes back to $599. It was on sale for $459.99 to May 5th.
I already have one but hopefully will be back on sale again.

I think you meant $599. I just looked at their website. I am riding with buddies tomorrow was thinking i would pull the trigger but I can't justify it now at $599.

Yes back to $599. It was on sale for $459.99 to May 5th.
I already have one but hopefully will be back on sale again.

If the price just changed up, you can go in and try to ask for the previous price. It worked a few times for me.

If the price just changed up, you can go in and try to ask for the previous price. It worked a few times for me.

Iirc it was a manufacturer's rebate and costco.ca exclusive.

Does anyone have any experience with the newest Tomtom Rider? Seems like decent value (on paper).

Back
Top Bottom