SV650S Streetfighter for Track days??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

SV650S Streetfighter for Track days???

vlocka

HeY GTAm its been awhile. So let me just break this down for you guys real quick.

I have only been riding for 1 season. This will be my 2nd. I took Learning Curves course. Let my M1 expire. But i will retake my M1 this week and reinstate my M2 from learning curves if they let me if not ill just retake the M2 test Also. So i started on a CBR 125r 2007. I felt really comfortable on the 125r that 1st season that i was determined i wanted a 600cc bike this season. Either a CBR600 or a R6. BUT after reading so much into beginner bikes and whats best to learn on i decided that i probably shouldn't get a supersport as my 2nd bike because i haven't learned the weight difference of a super sport yet , but i don't want to end up buying a 250 or 300 and end up selling it in a season again to upgrade to a 600. So i decided to go with the SV650S. I plan is to take it slow on the SV650S learn my way around on the bike and get comfortable then take the intro to track riding (not sure where yet. been looking into TMPs class. if you got better suggestions let me know.) So the SV650S im looking at is a 2004 and i don't quite like the way it looks, SO i plan on turning it into a street fighter without the fairings and front fairing with a rear seat riser.

So this is where my question comes in.
Can i use a SV650S street fighter as a weekend track bike. I don't plan on doing many weekends this year being it my first season on track and all. If i take off the front Fairing with the windscreen will the wind be a big effect without having a windscreen to duck behind? are there any negative sides of using a street fighter as a track bike?

thanks

sorry for the long intro just wanted to make my question clear with a detailed background.

Where are you going to do the trackdays? Shanny, cayuga easily would be a total blast on that bike, streetfightered or not. Great bike to learn with

SV is a great intermediate bike. As for track, do it how you like. The faring will be nicer on a long straight, otherwise not a big deal with or without.

So the SV650 is a good choice for my 2nd bike is what im getting ?

It is but don't get any smart ideas about taking track skillz to the street.

Yes, it's a perfect choice for a 2nd bike. Good track bike too....they even had a race series for it a while back...SV Cup.

Back
Top Bottom