HVAC techs: blower squealing, stopped working...now working, wtf? | GTAMotorcycle.com

HVAC techs: blower squealing, stopped working...now working, wtf?

Dreamy Boom Boom

Hello my wonderful HVAC techs (or ppl know about hvacs).

I have question: my condo hvac started acting up yesterday (sat). started making high-pitch squealing noises like pig. it started in the afternoon, and after about an hour, the blower stopped completely. the a/c was still ok, still running (can hear liquid gurgling), but not the blower.

i turned unit off and tried in the evening. started no problem. but the squealing slowly came back. after about an hour, the blower stopped again, and i turned it off a/c.

now, today (sun), i've put on since this morning. some squealing and the blower, at times, started slowing down and getting back up to speed. but, strange thing is: it's been over 5 hours now, and there doesn't seem to be a prob anymore. no more squealing and it working like before.

ok, so question: do you think the prob has resolved itself? or, does this need to be checked out? the hvac's prob 7 years old.

thank you with warmest feelings!

Odds are bearing is going on blower. You might have bought yourself some time but will need to be replaced. Depending on the unit , some can be rebuilt but most get replaced. Fairly cheap part under $200 . Check with maintenance or condo super, they might know part number from previous repairs and start shopping around. Noble, Marks supply etc. Some are DIY worthy of replacement effort.

thank you with many warmest heartfelt feelings!

im waiting to hear back from property manager, and see where tings go. hopefully, my maintenance fee cover the repair.

now, my prob is the blower is being good now (and been that way for whole day). have to make it squeal again. squeal like a pig, damnit!

but, again, with a beautifull smile i say: thank you! thank yoU!

Maybe a clog somewhere thats preventing or only allowing partial oil through the system? Could be the bearing as well but it shouldnt be a squealing sound. Thats more of a belt issue

most likely a blower motor. sounds like a shot bearing. when it heats up from the friction it seizes up. need model and serial number of hvac unit to locate the part from wholesalers. if its a condo its likely a 1/8 hp motor or 1/6 hp PSC motor. if its a newer unit it might have a dc motor and could be a bit pricier.

Back
Top Bottom