Need help with an 1984 Can-am MX 500. Wiring diagram? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help with an 1984 Can-am MX 500. Wiring diagram?

crazy_stunter_6

I need help starting up my Can-am. It's been sitting for 3 years. I cleaned up the electrical components and checked the spark, it was all good. After taking a week to clean the carb, the spark just disappeared. I took apart the harness and found that one wire just corroded and a few were cut and spliced before. I'm hoping someone might have a wiring diagram or know where I might be able to find one online. If you do, please let me know. Thanks.

I need help starting up my Can-am. It's been sitting for 3 years. I cleaned up the electrical components and checked the spark, it was all good. After taking a week to clean the carb, the spark just disappeared. I took apart the harness and found that one wire just corroded and a few were cut and spliced before. I'm hoping someone might have a wiring diagram or know where I might be able to find one online. If you do, please let me know. Thanks.

If you can't find a diagram you could try something like this:

347408439_o.jpg

Between this and a multimeter you can trace wires & breaks very fast.

Thanks and I have a short finder. The problem is that I need to find why one of the wires are spliced together with another one and if when I redid the wiring, that i didn't connect the wires wrong. There use to be a website that had all the bike manuals for free and you could view them for free. Anyone know if there's any websites that still exist like that?

Thanks and I have a short finder. The problem is that I need to find why one of the wires are spliced together with another one and if when I redid the wiring, that i didn't connect the wires wrong. There use to be a website that had all the bike manuals for free and you could view them for free. Anyone know if there's any websites that still exist like that?

There's a sticky under "technical". Check there for links.

Back
Top Bottom