GSXR 750 vs Yamaha R1 Handling+Comfort | GTAMotorcycle.com

GSXR 750 vs Yamaha R1 Handling+Comfort

OmegaBravo7

Can anyone with hands-on experience with both shed some light on a few of the differences and comparisons between the [2001-2003 R1] and the [2001-2003 GSXR 750]. No track comparisons.

I always preferred the GSXR 1000 for it's size but it's just to damn fast for the streets

Handling
Comfort
Turning Corners/Curves
Braking

Are they relatively the same in physical size or is the R1 larger?

I lack experience with either one but from what I've read gixxer 1000 leaves the R1 in its smoke. I'm also under the impression that the gixxer 1000 takes off too fast where the R1 takes off fast in mid-range. I could be wrong, instead of attempting to mock feel free to correct and feel free to contribute to the main topic.

What year are you talking?
The R1's that I have rode transmitted a fair bit more vibration to the rider and on a trailing throttle it was almost harsh in certain rpm ranges.

Who cares if the GSXR 1000 is fast,any bike can be to fast for the street you don't need 1000cc.Its all in the right wrist,if you can ride you can ride anything.If you like the looks of a GSXR1000 buy it,I wouldn't settle for second best.

I lack experience with either one but from what I've read gixxer 1000 leaves the R1 in its smoke. I'm also under the impression that the gixxer 1000 takes off too fast where the R1 takes off fast in mid-range. I could be wrong, instead of attempting to mock feel free to correct and feel free to contribute to the main topic.

They're both directly comparable. If the Gsxr leaves the R1 in its "smoke" it's by a few bike lengths and at 240+km/h. The bike only takes off as fast as you want it to no matter what brand. All 1000's from the late 90's on are plenty fast.

Last edited:
Had a k2 750 back in the day while mate had a 01 R1. In a straight line the bikes were pretty much dead even until over about 200 when the r1 would pull away slowly. In the twisties though the 750 left it for dead. It was also a much more comfortable bike on longer rides (we swapped bikes all the time so im speaking from actual seat time). In Canada though my choice would be whichever bike would cost me less in insurance.

I just want to know if an Electra Glide is faster on the track than an Indian Chieftain.

K3/4 gsxr1000. Do it. Do it now.

750 and r1 are fast already. Thinking that the gixxer is somehow then 'too much' is just stupid. Might as well get the best. For that era, gix1 was king until the zx10 came around.

Back
Top Bottom