Patrick Brown Elected Head of Provincial Conservatives | GTAMotorcycle.com

Patrick Brown Elected Head of Provincial Conservatives

nakkers

Site Supporter
Queue the crickets.............

Nobody cares. Claim to fame he wasn't part of the Hudak campaign to axe 100,000 jobs.

Critic's suggest he hasn't been a member of the Provincial Party long enough to earn the post of leader.

Apparently, the fella knows how to win votes from party members to get the nomination.

I have my doubts about a white male conservative politician garnering much interest from the people of Ontario.

I have conservative leanings but, don't have blind loyalty to any given party.

Grown tired of the "business" of politics. Seems they have rigged the game to the point it's become irrelevant the actual voters issues. It's business and back room positioning that controls the outcome of any governance or policy. But, I've gotten cynical over time. So, I don't know what to think any more.

http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2015/05/09/patric-brown-wins-ontario-pc-leadership.html

having another white male at helm is just plain wrong. kind of reminds me of whiteness of hollywood & tv-land. anyway, they needed at the least a woman and, at best, a person of colour.

i voted pc last election, but may just swing to ndp.

and, no, this not about race. its about representing the diversity of province.

having another white male at helm is just plain wrong. kind of reminds me of whiteness of hollywood & tv-land. anyway, they needed at the least a woman and, at best, a person of colour.

i voted pc last election, but may just swing to ndp.

and, no, this not about race. its about representing the diversity of province.

Yeah for once it would be nice to get someone that represents small businesses and people that want to succeed through work. I know, it's probably an irrelevant minority.

Anti women's rights, anti LBGT, no experience, never held a real adult job, takes credit for the work of others. I can go on for ever.

Stupid is as stupid does. No way I will vote PC with this guy as leader.

The real winner today, Wynne and the Liberals.

Should have elected Christine Elliot. Brown is a federal PC Neocon and was endorsed by team Ford. Won't be getting my vote that is for sure. I either vote NDP or a protest vote. This indicates to me that the party really has not listened to the people of Ontario. There is a reason they have not been elected since 2003.

Last edited:
Should have elected Christine Elliot. Brown is a federal PC Neocon and was endorsed by team Ford. Won't be getting my vote that is for sure. I either vote NDP or a protest vote. This indicates to me that the party really has not listened to the people of Ontario. There is a reason they have not been elected since 2003.

I am pretty sure the Fords were supporting Elliott. Doug up front and Rob after Monty dropped out. I guess Brown was too Neocon even for them...

Very happy PC elected Brown. Far right wing, out to lunch, easy to defeat.

Fords eventually did settle on supporting Elliott, after Doug Ford said that none of the candidates had what it takes.

Never heard of him but hate him already. Will fine tune later.

Last edited:
Looks like Rod Serling, talks like Ted Cruze...

This party is a goner. All the way from the federal level clowns down to the smallest constituency. "Well" done ...

I sure hope so. Canada has been slipping down an intellectual slope towards the US over the last years under Harper.

It's the willful blindness to science that bugs me the most. And the intolerance and racism.

Last edited:
There really is no win when it comes to politics. Folks can slam the PCs but the Libs and NDP are no different. Oh and there is those other fringe parties like the Bloc and Green Party? What ever the brand, they have made the system so dysfunctional it's impossible to have any sort of reasonable governance.

I think folks just wake up and don't notice anything terribly different and just let it keep on rolling. And then when the pain really starts to hurt, it's too late to do anything about it.

So go rah rah your party favourites but, I've seen the likes of all party politics and really haven't seem much good from any of them.

It will be fascinating to watch what happens in Alberta.

Another train wreck?

Time will tell.

For those who would gleefully point to Bob Rae's government, just remember that it was unfortunate timing to come into power during a world wide recession.

What really sucked are the conservative governments, both provincial and federal, that didn't bother addressing the debt during prosperous times.

Last edited:
There's nothing progressive about this party; recent elections they get caught up on 'the' most stupidest issues and get walloped.

2007 it was extending funding to religious schools, and then the 1 million jobs lie. No wonder the Liberals are absolutely smoking them. I didn't expect a majority, but I think Ontario didn't like how the NDP split the perennial Liberal vote during the federal election.

Can we really forget NDP's photo radar?

Time will tell.

For those who would gleefully point to Bob Rae's government, just remember that it was unfortunate timing to come into power during a world wide recession.

What really sucked are the conservative governments, both provincial and federal, that didn't bother addressing the debt during prosperous times.

Um, where did that come from?

Back
Top Bottom