Sidi St Air | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sidi St Air

andrewp

So I recently invested in a pair of motorcycle boots. After long research and many videos I decided on the Sidi boots. Looking through their selection I tried to narrow down what boot met my requirements. Sidi has many choices for street riding, I dont do track. The fushion, cobra, vertigo, and st.

I decided to go with the St Air for the street riding that I do. I was looking for track protection mixed with street comfort with the ease of putting them on and off in a snap.

Quality - I cant compare these to other boots but out of the box they were slick. These boots are made from a Lorica material. Leather but better. All the seams are perfect and the zipper is YKK. These boots are literally perfect. Sidi knows what they are doing with this aspect. They look sick too. I got more than enough compliments on the look of these boots.

Comfort - Wearing these boots are a tad uncomfortable at first. They are stiff but after 3 rides and a few walks in the condo these boots have broken in well. I will be upgrading the inserts for something a little more arc support wise. Would I walk around in these in a mall for say 2 hours? Yes. They feel great but like I said, the exo skeleton system makes it a bit stiff.

Riding - They really took a few good shifts to start feeling the shifter and setting my feet in the right position to shift properly. Still trying to set my right foot for the brake ( i find im missing my rear brake peg ). They do feel fine after a few rides. Air vents do work perfectly. Riding home tonight where its 18 degrees im feeling the air in the foot area. The perforations I cant really feel much. From my ankle up it still sweats.

Protection - I really believe that after all my research these are built solid, the exo skeleton will hinge properly and protect if ever need be ( knocks on wood ). That was my main reason for buying these boots over many others. Sidi lower lineup doesnt really have ankle support. Some plastic here or there but nothing compared to the ST system. Almost all the parts are replaceable if need be. The sole is something that wears out no matter what over time so Im glad I can change that down the road for all the foot dragging that I do.

Sizing - I followed Sidi's sizing guide and lucked out. I wear a 12 in Nike Shox and they fit a bit loose. The sidi's came in on a 47 / 12.5. Fit is perfect for my feet. The cam lock buckles really do adjust well ( they were a bit tricky to figure out how to tighten) and calf size lock properly and securely. Getting in and out of these are a breeze.

Price - I went with an ebay seller. They are in Germany and even with taxes duty they came out to around $450 cdn total. I was stoked with that price.

Final Verdict

I use to skimp out on safety protection when it comes to foot wear. Running shoes is what I only use to wear. My advice after 10 years of riding is this. Invest in proper gear, including footwear. I feel that we start from the head down and sometimes neglect footwear, but after seeing someone get smashed and crack their leg, I rather not go through that. The Sidi St Air meet all my safety needs and feel great while riding. Walking is good, im sure there are more comfy boots/shoes out there. But for the protection these boots offer, I wouldnt go with anything else. These fit nicely over my jeans and work pants. Wear high socks while breaking them in or they might chaff for the first few break in periods. Overall I have nothing but praise for these boots. They are stylish and fit very well, theyre comfortable and fairly affordable depending where you buy. Ride safe everyone!

That write up was very well done. Thanks for the info.

Update: So ive been riding with these on for about 3 to 4 times a week since I bought them.....everything is spot on. They have broken in well. Shifter is still a bit stiff...ive missed 1st to 2nd a few times, just my fault as the boots are a bit bulky top end so im not really shifting hard enough up.
Comfort is awesome, i had them tight at the upper end where the cam locks lock in but ive loosened them up and everything feels great. Great air circulation too.

Honestly I cringe when I see people wearing runners for foot protection. I really do hope every rider investes in a decent pair of riding boots with proper protection.

Back
Top Bottom